Not eating enough!

Options
2»

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a little time! Your body isn't just a light switch. Let it warm up, get your fires stoked until they start burning red hot. You can't just throw four cold logs onto those embers and expect them to burst into flames.

6738c7f123bdbaa499c2eeff0363f439
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1400-1500 calories is not gluttony; it is still under your estimated TDEE. You don't have to pig out on junk if you don't want. Add avocado to your salad, and use a full fat dressing (good for vitamin absorption). Eat/drink full fat dairy. There are lots of ways to do it. 1400 calories should not make you feel so full you can't exercise. You need a new mindset.
  • NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Why? From a weight loss standpoint, calories are calories. Whether you get them in 10lbs of calorie "light" foods or 1lb of calorie dense food... getting them is getting them.

I just skimmed through your diary from last week. Fats and protein are both pretty low. Keep you carbs the same, increase fats and protein a bit and you'll hit 1500 no problem!

On a side note... if you aren't eating back exercise cals, then you're netting a pretty low number. You gotta get past all the crap that's been beaten into your head and feed your body!

Why because I was a food addict and enjoyed cooking large calorific meals and wading my way through enormous portions, to control that I spent years eating enormous portions of low calorie foods and slowly downsized the portions. Going backwards is as mentally challenging as physical.

But you are right, I need to look past all the crap I've drummed into myself of I'll get nowhere and stay in this weight.
  • kaligrl1
    Options
    great advise
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    To be honest i've never considered eating small high calorie things as i'm used to eating lots of low calorie! I guess i'll just have to give it a go, although feels totally wrong.

Why? From a weight loss standpoint, calories are calories. Whether you get them in 10lbs of calorie "light" foods or 1lb of calorie dense food... getting them is getting them.

I just skimmed through your diary from last week. Fats and protein are both pretty low. Keep you carbs the same, increase fats and protein a bit and you'll hit 1500 no problem!

On a side note... if you aren't eating back exercise cals, then you're netting a pretty low number. You gotta get past all the crap that's been beaten into your head and feed your body!

^^^ This!