Elliptical/Treadmill

Options
Why is it that the elliptical seems like a much easier workout but burns more calories than the treadmill? Also, if i use the elliptical will it help build my endurance so i can become better at running?

Replies

• dinamadden
    Options
    i dont know about you, but the elliptical absolutely kills me after 5 minutes, yet i can jog on the treadmill for upto 15 minutes...
    elliptical does use more muscles however.
    i prefer the treadmill because i also run on the days when im not at the gym, and it helps increase my endurance, for inclines and stuff :)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Yes. You can build your cardio endurance by doing the elliptical, cycling, whatever. This is what I did. I used to be a HORRIBLE runner, couldnt do it for nothing. I cycled and did the elliptical a lot until I felt my heart and lungs were in great shape, then tried running again. It made a huge difference for me.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to find the elliptical really hard, when I started working out I can barely last 10 minutes now I can go straight for 30 minutes. I think the elliptical helps build endurance for cycling though I could be wrong.