How do you log interval training?

Options
I've recently started HIIT. At the moment I'm doing 5x 30:30 sprint:jog intervals after a warm up and about 30 mins before the balance class at my gym (taichi, yoga, pilates, balance).

The problem is I can't work out how to log the intervals. I don't mind leaving it out, and just feeling free to go 1-200 cals over my target on interval training days, but it would be better if I didn't have to look at that big red calorie number.

Anyone have any ideas?

FYI, the intervals are 30 sprint flat out (which tends to get slower in the last 5 seconds at the moment) then a real slow jog for 30 seconds. I did my second set today (5 in the set). Next time I'll do 6-7 (8 if I can). Once I can do 8 and actually keep the sprint up, I'll start doing Tabata. I run, not cycle, because the stationary bikes in the main part of my gym aren't awesome (the good ones are in the cycle room, but I think its only for classes).

Thanks for the help in advance.

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep accurate track it would be best to get an HRM. You can "add a new exercise" and log the calories you burn.