How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am currently trying to add ww points plus to mfp. I came across your information in my search. Does this still currently work? I tried installing and changing the information as suggested, but it would not let me do so. Are you still using it? Thanks.
    Yes this works, please follow the instructions in this thread.
  • miller0438
    miller0438 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I downloaded firefox for android and it wont let me put grease monkey on it!!! Grr can I not do this from my phone?
  • zsazsabodine
    zsazsabodine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bktrini
    bktrini Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sub
  • TonyasLosinglt
    TonyasLosinglt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, so glad I stumbled on this thread! I was given three free months of Weight Watchers in exchange for writing about my experience on my blog, so I took a break from MFP and started using WW Online.

For starters, I haven't felt as accountable as I did with MFP. Second, I felt bloated all the time and it has been a struggle to stick to it. Third, I seemed to lose all motivation to exercise (ties back to my first point), And finally, I gained FIVE pounds in the first month. Using this tool, I think I have a big clue as to why... I'm eating about 400 to 600 calories more a DAY than I was with MFP. It's crazy and very eye-opening!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Track calories and save the money.
  • CM9178
    Options
    I downloaded firefox for android and it wont let me put grease monkey on it!!! Grr can I not do this from my phone?

No, you can't do it on an android I don't think.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Oh, so glad I stumbled on this thread! I was given three free months of Weight Watchers in exchange for writing about my experience on my blog, so I took a break from MFP and started using WW Online.

For starters, I haven't felt as accountable as I did with MFP. Second, I felt bloated all the time and it has been a struggle to stick to it. Third, I seemed to lose all motivation to exercise (ties back to my first point), And finally, I gained FIVE pounds in the first month. Using this tool, I think I have a big clue as to why... I'm eating about 400 to 600 calories more a DAY than I was with MFP. It's crazy and very eye-opening!

I you felt bloated then you were eating the wrong foods. If you were still eating the same types of foods as you were eating while doing MFP, then there shouldn't be any difference, because WW is basically the exact same thing, except it uses points rather than counting every calorie. If you gain weight on WW you are doing something wrong, it is not the program.

That being said, this thread isn't about whether or not you like WW, it is here to help those who want to track their points on MFP, so please - let's not go off topic.

Thank you.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Track calories and save the money.

thanks for your opinion, but this thread isn't about whether or not people like WW.
    I started this thread to share this very helpful information with the people who want to track their WW points on MFP. If you don't want to, then don't. But please, let's not go off topic in this thread - it has helped a lot of people.

Thank you.
  • smoucheron
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad I found this! great post! I've been tracking in 3 different places, here, weight watchers book and diabetes blood sugar and its all driving me crazy! This will make it so much easier now. just wish I could log my blood sugar and I'd be set. Thank you for this! I'm installing later this morning.
  • missized
    missized Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • LeanneCutrara
    LeanneCutrara Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have followed all the steps but I dont see the WW points in my diary!!
  • TonyasLosinglt
    TonyasLosinglt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Umm... wow... didn't mean to ruffle feathers with my reply. I felt I WAS on topic. I never said I didn't like WW. I was trying to explain why I found the plug-in useful. My aunt, who is a WW leader, had stressed eating ALL my daily points and doing that left me feeling bloated (overly full). I was eating the same foods, but as a vegetarian many of my foods are very low point or no point but still a significant amount of calories. It resulted in me eating much more than I usually do.

With this plug-in, I was able to see that and discovered that I just need to make some adjustments to my plan to have success. It made itself even more useful to me for that reason.

Every BODY is different and not having success with a program does not mean a person is doing something incorrectly or that the plan is bad in any way... just means they need to make adjustments or find a new plan.

I you felt bloated then you were eating the wrong foods. If you were still eating the same types of foods as you were eating while doing MFP, then there shouldn't be any difference, because WW is basically the exact same thing, except it uses points rather than counting every calorie. If you gain weight on WW you are doing something wrong, it is not the program.

That being said, this thread isn't about whether or not you like WW, it is here to help those who want to track their points on MFP, so please - let's not go off topic.

Thank you.
  • ricsan
    ricsan Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for posting the instructions on this thread. I didn't see the previous thread but have been searching for a way to show WW points. I use to use Fitday and wanted an android app for it but, alas, they only have apple apps. I'm delighted to find a way to convert calories here to points. Thanks again!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump for tech disability
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    o.0
  • CM9178
    Options
    Umm... wow... didn't mean to ruffle feathers with my reply. I felt I WAS on topic. I never said I didn't like WW. I was trying to explain why I found the plug-in useful. My aunt, who is a WW leader, had stressed eating ALL my daily points and doing that left me feeling bloated (overly full). I was eating the same foods, but as a vegetarian many of my foods are very low point or no point but still a significant amount of calories. It resulted in me eating much more than I usually do.

With this plug-in, I was able to see that and discovered that I just need to make some adjustments to my plan to have success. It made itself even more useful to me for that reason.

Every BODY is different and not having success with a program does not mean a person is doing something incorrectly or that the plan is bad in any way... just means they need to make adjustments or find a new plan.

Thank you.

You didn't ruffle feathers, just didn't want to get too into another discussion about why or why not people like WW.
    However, WW is virtually exactly the same thing as counting calories with MFP, except it uses points to disguise that, and as you mentioned, it wasn't working for you because you were eating the wrong foods - IE, you were doing something wrong - it wasn't the program.
  • annalistic
    annalistic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • missized
    missized Posts: 16
    Options
    BEST THING EVER! I don't have to track twice now!

YAH!

I changed it to PP True in the scripts BUT it's still counting fruit. Which, honestly, I like because I eat way too much fruit. Maybe that will keep me in check a little bit more.

Best day EVER.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I used to be with Weight Watchers (I got fed up and tired with it all) and dropped out in Oct. and finally this December I cancelled my membership....YEA! A friend told me about MFP and I joined up real quick. I can tell ya this "Wow! What an eye opening experiencing this has been for me!!" No wonder I wasn't losing weight prior to joining MFP. If you see exactly how many calories are in vegs and fruits you'll think twice how "free" those foods really are per weight watchers. It's a real eye opener for me!

Me too. I'm a WW dropout for the same reason you are :laugh: I aint goin' back there :drinker: