How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I wonder if MFP changed something to make it not work. I don't see it at all in my columns anymore. I don't know when it disappeared, I haven't used it in months.
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found out that I didn't have the settings on MFP in the correct order. Sorry for the confusion. It works great. I even double checked the points on my manual WW tracker.
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help! :)
  • janclark_1968
    Options
    Would love to track points.
    Can you track old points instead of pointsplus?
  • janclark_1968
    Options
    Was able to get it to track the points and it stopped working.
    I am wondering if MFP did something so we couldn't track them any more.
  • cottonz
    cottonz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me either since latest MFP changes
  • cottonz
    cottonz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    cottonz wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me either since latest MFP changes

Sorry, got it working now after a re-install. Propoints still waaaaaay off though. Think I'll just continue copying my macros to the WW app at the end of each day

• brender14
    Options
    I searched help and ended up here. I didn't have Calories Carbs etc in proper order. It works great now but is this old points or the new points system? I was in WW long ago and haven't joined again because I heard the new points system doesn't work well.

Not sure I need this I am interested in comparing what I set up for MFP compared to WW since I used to do it.
  • brender14
    Options
    Also... I don't like not tracking sugar and that can't be added with that code. Does anyone have any thoughts on if tracking sugar matters much if you stay within the other guidelines? Just curious if I am better of tracking that and not points. Obviously I am a newbie lol looking for some pointers on making the most of my fitpal tracking... thanks
  • vacanfield
    Options
    Bump
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    working for me! Love it. Thank you
  • ajdryna
    ajdryna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to add Weight Watcher points to MFP - http://userscripts.org:8080/scripts/show/122949 is down and I don't know what else to do. HEY MFP - any ideas?
  • salomehg
    salomehg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the points column showing, but no values populated in it...
    var pointsPlus=true;
    var precisonWW=true;

What else am I missing?
  • piffled
    piffled Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain the process to add the script to Firefox? Many thanks!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im having trouble installing the script.
  • Chaesar
    Options
    I've updated the script to better handle the order and number of columns in the diary.

To install the script:
    1. Install the GreaseMonkey plugin in Firefox (restart Firefox if required)
    2. Install the script by clicking here.
    3. Make sure you have the following columns displayed in your diary: Calories, Carbs, Fat, Fiber, and Protein. Order doesn't matter and it doesn't matter if you have the 6th column (sugar by default). You can manage the columns here. If you don't have the above columns, the points will be incorrect!
    4. Navigate to your diary to see the points.

The script uses the older points calculation. To use Points Plus:
    1. Click the down arrow next to the GreaseMonkey icon on your toolbar.
    2. Select Manage User Scripts... from the menu.
    3. In the addons tab that appears, find the MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points line and click the Options button.
    4. On the window that opens, click the Edit This User Script button near the bottom.
    5. A window will open that contains the script.
    6. Change line 8 to read:
      var usePointsPlus = true;

7. Click Save at the top of the screen.
    8. Close the window.
    9. Hit OK on the options window that opened earlier.
    10. Close the addons tab.
    11. Return to your diary to verify that the points are calculated properly.

I'm not familiar with the WW points system and I'm assuming the calculations were correct in the original script posted on userscripts.org. I have only updated the script to account for changes to the diary display which broke previous versions of the script and to make it more resistant to similar changes in the future. I also posted it on Gist to allow for easier installation as userscripts.org appears to be down.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • sumkindapsycho
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    Glad that it is working for both of you! I really like using it because as you said you can see if the types of foods you are eating are higher in points. It is funny, if you look at my diary from Monday and Tuesday - they were both pretty much the same points for each day - but on Monday I ate a lot more food!

Oh, and if you look at someone else's diary that is also using this, you will see their points as well! I noticed that it says it now works on Google Chrome too.

Is this a fix for your mobile device, or computer?
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with this - it won't work.

I use Google Chrome on my laptop. I installed Tampermonkey (the Chrome equivalent for Greasemonkey), and then installed the script. I made the necessary changes to the script to do PointsPlus, saved it, and nada. It says in the corner that the code is on and enabled, but my diary looks no different than it did before. I restarted my computer and Chrome.

Did I miss a step?
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I also want to add - I installed Firefox, added Greasemonkey and installed the script and it DID work. However, I'm not a huge fan of Firefox.

I think I figured it out with Chrome, though... and there isn't any way around the problem. Instead of "Installing" the script, I clicked "Process With Chrome". When it tried to install, I got a pop-up saying that "Apps extensions and user scripts cannot be added from this website."

When I clicked "Learn More" it brought me to this page:

https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?p=crx_warning&rd=1

Seems to be an issue with Chrome and the fact that the code isn't in the official Chrome Web Store...