easter fitness challenge - Mar 14

Options
Good morning all (woohoo its friday)

Supposed to do core strength training 45 mins to day but I am going to give it a miss had to carry my daughter to school yesterday as her boots rubbed her ankle and made it bleed and with not enough time to go home and get the car I just muddled through and carried her and pushed the pram with my other ittle one in but today when I went to get up a got a pain in at the side of my back and it is still aching now probably strained something and I know core strength training will not help today I may do it tomorrow morning instead but these things happen sometimes I won't be beating myself up about it.

Had a lovely walk this morning it is finally not windy and the sun is out.
Going to go finish my chores now and then clean out my guinea pigs this afternoon.

Have a gr8 day everybody.

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Good morning all (woohoo its friday)

Supposed to do core strength training 45 mins to day but I am going to give it a miss had to carry my daughter to school yesterday as her boots rubbed her ankle and made it bleed and with not enough time to go home and get the car I just muddled through and carried her and pushed the pram with my other ittle one in but today when I went to get up a got a pain in at the side of my back and it is still aching now probably strained something and I know core strength training will not help today I may do it tomorrow morning instead but these things happen sometimes I won't be beating myself up about it.

Had a lovely walk this morning it is finally not windy and the sun is out.
    Going to go finish my chores now and then clean out my guinea pigs this afternoon.

Have a gr8 day everybody.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Up very early here. Little one has developed some type of virus. I managed to squeeze in 40 minutes of Cardio Max and imagine that will be all for today.

TGIF
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I am going grocery shopping this morning, then hopefully go for a walk, and then I will work on my camaro (change the oil, sand, maybe put some primer on if the wind isn't too bad) this afternoon while Alex is napping. I should probably organize the garage too, so I can find all my tools and car parts. I've also got to get the house picked up! (I'm messy person.) I do NOT want to spend my weekend cleaning the house. I hope to go bowling and work on my car this weekend!
    Hope you all have a good one!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the little one, Julie. Seems to be the season for it. And Vicky, I hope the back is better very soon.

Today is yoga for an hour. Need the stretching big time.

Very discouraged today, as scale once again moved upwards. Why is it easy to say the "scale doesn't matter", but harder to teach that to your own emotions? I'm seriously considering taking a baseball bat to it, and counting it as cardio.:tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Thank God this week is over!! Hope all the sick and sore ones get healed up over the weekend!!
    Viviakay - put down the bat. Back away from the scale. It's not the enemy - just the :devil: LOL
    Would be good cardio though. Could you count strength training in there too??
    Scale went in the right direction for me today :tongue: 1 lb gone - and here I was convinced I was going to gain this week. Don't know what happened but not going to argue with it!!
    Exercised this a.m. - did my video. Took my vitamin. Chug-a-lug!

Happy Friday!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I love Irony.
    I went to the gym yesterday. While I was pushing hard on the elliptical (55 min) an 85 year old woman got on the treadmill next to me and said "I" was impressive :huh:

I fully encourage baseball bat aerobics. Mostly on computers and similar. I think there's a class called "cardio clubs" - I wonder if you get to smash stuff?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well I'm just doing the PT exercizes today because I have a double bus run to do. Yesterday I did about an hour of vacuuming. And today when I get back I have more house work to do. I have to do the PT exercises twice a day but they aren't really hard yet. So maybe some stretching yoga tonight. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I had to put my scale away...getting very discouraged. I know I made a big "lifestyle" change but I just feel like Im doing everything right and NOTHING is happening, clothes don't feel any looser, and inches haven't changed. It's been three weeks now, and I really only had one major slip up. I guess I can think about how good I feel eating healthy foods...so I'll focus on that for now.

Got in a few different sessions yesterday -- 30 minutes on the elliptical in the a.m. with 30 minutes of resistance band work for arm toning, then another 30 minutes on the bike in the afternoon with some good ab work.

Not sure what the plan is today. My TV show got pushed to the Fall schedule, so I came home from Portland yesterday (woooo hooooooo) and will start looking for the next show today. I'm trying to sell my own show, so getting laid off could be the very best thing right now!