Hello Everyone

Options
A great big Canadian Hello to Eveyone! I am excited to say that I have signed up to MFP! I have to admit I was a little skeptic about joining but I spent some time yesterday reading some of your messages throughout the message board and thought WOW how motivating! This is what I've been missing...this is what I need...MOTIVATION!

I have been struggling with my weight for about 10 years now. I would defenitely need to lose about 70lbs to be at a healthy weight for my height and body type. I am at the point where everything seems difficult as I rarely have energy to do anything. I wake up in the morning, go to work (desk job), come home, make dinner then veg for the rest of the evening. I know this is not a healthy lifestyle but I have no evergy left in me to change that.

My boyfriend of 3 years and I just moved to a different province for work. I truly beleive that this is the change that I have been needing. I promised myself that once we moved I would be more active and go out and meet new people and try new things....6 months after the move....I can't get myself to do it. I am pooped by the end of the day and I can't find the motivation to get out there and meet people. I truly beleive that I can't get myself to do this because of my weight. #1 Lack of energy. #2 My self image has hit the dumps over the years. When I look into the mirror all I see are the bad things....I realized that I have been feeling and thinking that others only see that as well.....I plan on changing that and this is why I am excited!!!

I look forward to being part of MFP and being part of this strong supporting and motivating community!!

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello Andree! Welcome to MFP, this site rocks and you'll soon feel a lot more motivated once you get going! I hope this gives you the confidence to get out there so people get to meet you I'm sure you're an amazing person!

Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure you'll make lots of MFP friends! :flowerforyou:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE,I LOST WEIGHT HERE ONCE BEFORE AND THEN I GAINED SOME SO NOW I'M BACK AGIAN TO ONLY HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT ALREADY IN JUST A FEW DAYS.THIS IS A AWESOME SITE.JUST REMEMBER TO ALWAYS TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN AND YOUR WORTH IT.
  • tillie1986
    tillie1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,

I've been using MFP on my iphone for about 6 weeks now, and have just got into looking online here at work. It's great to read some motivational stories from other people on here, to help me on my way.

Thanks for all the advice i have read so far and will no doubt get, in the future!

It's nice to hear from people all over the world as well! I'm from England!

Thanks guys!
    Tillie xx
  • s_parziale
    Options
    Good Luck!!! Congratulations on making the tough first step. The commitment is definitely worth it~
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their kind words! I am really looking forward to taking charge and making some changes! Hopefully I can get to see results soon!!

Hope everbody has a great day!!