For those with MAJOR weight loss

I need to lose anywhere from 60-90 pounds. However, I am worried that there is no hope for my stomach. After having kids, my stomach hangs so bad. Will it lift and flatten once I lose the weight, or will it hang forever? If you have any success pictures it would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Mine still is floppy but much less than it was. Its just shrunk a lot.
  • clumsymofro
    clumsymofro Posts: 52 Member
    Same with me as above post!! Doing crunches and eating the right stomach flattening foods (almonds, blueberries,greek yogurt) has helped shrink mine up some but it still definitely hangs, esp down the the lower region, right above my groin. I'm not sure it will ever go back completely but it looks soooo much better then it used to!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    I've lost 61 pounds. My stomach looking better, not perfect. Perfect is not ever going to happen. As you get close to your goal weight your stomach isn't going to matter. Your health and how you feel will be more than enough!! Good Luck!
  • keta_gurl
    keta_gurl Posts: 9 Member
    I have lost over 140lbs with in the last couple years and my stomach has strunk. After being in the gym so often and getting to know the trainers they advice intervals is the best way to loose belly fat. Basically, work really hard for 1 min and then rest for 30 seconds as an example. I struggle with the same but that really helps and also I drink water with lemon in it. It helps flush the body of any toxins and curbs appetite. Good luck to you! Consitancy is key! Only you can do it!
  • I expect to have a floppy stomach when I reach goal weight :( But like someone said the most important thing is to have good health.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Im over 70 down with some belly flop. I'll just wear higher shorts at the beach I guess.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    youre right, you should totally not even try if you cant get exactly what you want before you start ;)

PS, I never gave birth, but ive been pregnant, I have stretch marks, I also have stretch marks just from gaining weight after my wreck. Ive lost 95 pounds. Consider my picture added to the pile.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    I've lost 46 pounds so far, and my belly is definitely starting to tighten up a bit. It still hangs a bit since I'm heavy, but I can tell it's getting smaller and not hanging as much. I had abdominal surgery (not weight loss surgery) several years ago, so it'll always be a bit poofy around my belly button, but I'm doing ab work to strengthen the core muscles and help support it as it gets smaller.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    eating the right stomach flattening foods (almonds, blueberries,greek yogurt)

No. Just no.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    START LIFTING NOW!!!!

and then no, at least mine hasn't the 2 times in my life I've lost 70-90 lbs in a year.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    I lost 125 pounds and had loose skin on my stomach as well. However, after about 8-9 months of working on Strength Training/Toning for 2-3 days a week, I was able to completely tighten it up. Everyone's body is different. It doesn't hurt to see you doctor to talk about it. They will let you know if it will tone up or if you may need another option.

Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    eating the right stomach flattening foods (almonds, blueberries,greek yogurt)

No. Just no.

hahahahahahahahaha
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    I've lost 67.2 lbs and I've got 2.8 left to my current goal weight. (I may do more. I haven't decided yet.) Anyway, I'm 58 years old. I've had natural births 2 times and a c-section once that totally screwed up all muscle tone. I've also had 3 intestinal surgeries. However, with that said, my stomach has lost significant inches and has become flatter than it was. It may not get totally flat, but that's ok by me. I don't plan on wearing g-strings on the beach anyway. I'm healthy. I look good for my age. My husband is 15 years younger than me and doesn't complain. As long as you are healthy (the main thing), happy, and satisfied with your weight loss, that's all that matters. Who cares what "society" thinks? I have learned in life that most people are too worried about what others are thinking about *them* than they are worrying about what I look like ... and if they don't like the way I look ... well ... guess what? They don't have to look.

It'll get flatter ... but remember ... as you age ... you'll *never* be what you were as a teenager.
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    i lost 155 pounds and am down to under 5% body fat and I still have loose skin. it sucks. i could hate myself for ever letting myself get that overweight. The rest of my body looks ripped but my stomach doesn't. I mean I've lost some of the loose skin but at even under 10%, you should be seeing your abs. At under 5%, you should have like a 10 pack showing lol.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    I'd echo everyone who's posted so far. I've lost 210+ since my heaviest, and I still have the "overhang" that is irritating, but it's shrunk SO much that even though it's still there, it's just skin, not (as much) fat. I'm not sure there's enough elasticity for it to go away all the way, but I'm doing ab work to see what can be done!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    I need to lose anywhere from 60-90 pounds. However, I am worried that there is no hope for my stomach. After having kids, my stomach hangs so bad. Will it lift and flatten once I lose the weight, or will it hang forever? If you have any success pictures it would be greatly appreciated!

I have 6 boys 3 of which I gave birth to. My youngest is almost 11 months old. You can flatten things out a lot just by losing the extra weight. There is still loose skin but its flat enough shorts and bikini top, and I can live with that I went from 218 to 120. The littlest one was born at the end of Jan and this is me at the beginning of Oct.

Before 218
    218.jpg
    gracevisit.jpg

After 120
    299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
    523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    It will get better, but I've heard it can take exercising consistently for up to 2 years before you'll know for sure it won't shrink any more.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I had two c-sections. I've got a lot of loose skin... but I'm holding out hope just the same. Maybe some day. If not, I may consider having some skin removed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

I have 6 boys 3 of which I gave birth to. My youngest is almost 11 months old. You can flatten things out a lot just by losing the extra weight. There is still loose skin but its flat enough shorts and bikini top, and I can live with that I went from 218 to 120. The littlest one was born at the end of Jan and this is me at the beginning of Oct.

Before 218
    218.jpg
    gracevisit.jpg

After 120
    299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
    523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

You are gorgeous!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    I would try Jillians 30 day shred to start toning up. Then, go from there on what exercise routine you'd like to do. I think her dvd is a great place to start though! It should help the stomach region.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!