Heart Rate Monitors Unisex?

Options
Hey folks,

My wife and I are looking to get a Heart Rate Monitor for Christmas as our 'joint' present. Ideally, we would like to share it between us. Looking at the Polar range, they divide it between Male and Female. Are heart rate monitors gender specific?? Are there any out there that you would recommend? Can you even share a monitor??

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

My wife and I are looking to get a Heart Rate Monitor for Christmas as our 'joint' present. Ideally, we would like to share it between us. Looking at the Polar range, they divide it between Male and Female. Are heart rate monitors gender specific?? Are there any out there that you would recommend?
    The problem with sharing is that you have to input personal settings into the HRM like gender, weight, height, age etc.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    The watch has a different pattern on it. It may be bigger, I'm not sure. As chams said, you will keep having to change height, gender and weight. Why don't you look on eBay and get two cheap used ones.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

My wife and I are looking to get a Heart Rate Monitor for Christmas as our 'joint' present. Ideally, we would like to share it between us. Looking at the Polar range, they divide it between Male and Female. Are heart rate monitors gender specific?? Are there any out there that you would recommend?
    The problem with sharing is that you have to input personal settings into the HRM like gender, weight, height, age etc.

What he said - but the man / woman thing for the polars determines color selection and the women's band is a little smaller than the men's although because the bands are continuous holes, you can get away with one as long as its big enough (that is a woman can probably use any man's but the other way around might be a problem)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. Looks like ebay is the way to go lol
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I shared mine for about a week while she was here on vacation and it was a PITA. Everytime you wanted to use it you had to change all the settings.