Hi to all!

Options
Hi everyone, I am new to fitness pal. I am from Ireland, and a single mother of one, I work full time. I have over 70lb to lose and started my journey on 25th January (late New Years resolution), I woke up the previous Sat morning and it was like someone finally clicked, I decided to start trying to lose weight. So threw the junk out and did healthy grocery shop and started that Monday. I am following the weight watchers plan at the moment and exercising an average of 3 times a week for 20 mins. I have lost 7lb in the last 3 weeks and having a good 4th week so far, next weigh in is Monday. I am determined to do it this time, have never really tried before but now I feel like I am in the right mindset to do this. Food wise its much easier than I thought it would be but exercise wise I have to force myself to get out there, I am so lazy!

Look forward to reading about everyone else's journerys and successes and hope to pick up a few tips and make a few new friends! Good luck to all ....

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    This is so great! Welcome to MFP, and well wishes to you on your weight loss journey! It's great to wake up one morning and feel that it's just time, it's like our internal clock is telling us something important! Life changes do take time, so try not to get discouraged. You're doing so well already and your will power and motivation will help you a lot! :flowerforyou:
  • jas1957
    jas1957 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome!! I love this site as it is great for accountability and encouragement!! I am from Kentucky & I have about 80+ lbs to lose. I want to be able to keep up with my 2 1/2 yr old grandson!! Good Luck!!
  • amps
    amps Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I am in the same boat, it is so hard! I finally made the decision to do something for me and I am doing it!!! I started Jan 6th, down around 20lbs but I have quit weighing, I am now measuring because I feel like I have lost more inches over all. I will weigh perioically, but I was really getting discouraged..This site is wonderful, I actually have to hold myself accountable for my food and daily exercises....I love it! :smile:
  • Helzonline
    Options
    Congrats to you. I too can be very lazy when it comes to excercise so my answer was to find gym buddies and running or walking buddies or even a friend to come to your home and do a DVD of exercise. There are so many these days that are great. When you have a commitment to someone else you are more likely to keep it than if left to your own devices. Well, that is how I keep exercising anyway! Good Luck!