What are some healthy appetizers?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, there are so many options. Dips made with reduced fat sour cream and chopped veggies/herbs. hummus or other bean dips, guacamole, shrimp w cocktail sauce, pickled/marinated veggies, smoked salmon, stuffed mushrooms, grilled zucchini, eggplant and carrot slices chilled and topped with vinaigrette, deviled eggs, mini quiches, take your favorite healthy casserole recipe and make it in a muffin pan for individual servings or a mini-muffin pan or one-bite servings.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    bacon wrapped scallops.
  • worm5996
    worm5996 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    We have a family tradition of eating appetizers for dinner on New Year's Eve. I usually just buy the junk in the freezer section but I am trying to get healthy so I was thinking of making some healthier ones. Only, I can't think of any. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Mini vegetable torte
    Mini pizza
    Stuffed mushrooms
    Stuffed Zucchini
    Stuffed Tomatoes
    Stuffed bell peppers
    Crostini (mushroom, ricotta ....)
    Vegetables + dip
    Salmon/tuna/crab mini cakes or balls
    Lasagna cups ... You may choose to use real pasta or a vegetarian substitute
    Pita/tortilla/rice/kale plus other vegan chips
    **Sashimi and sushi if your family are into it
    Meat satay with peanut sauce
    Quesadillas
    Seafood or meat fondue with veggie or crackers or chips dippers
    Homemade tortellini made from whole wheat flour stuffed with veggies or lean meats. (You may steam or bake them and serve with a dipping sauce)
    Rice paper with veggie or lean meat stuffing - baked wontons or steamed wontons
    Baked spring rolls
    Any meat kebob
    Grilled fruit kebobs
    Grilled veggie kebobs
    Quiche
    Polenta sticks
    Ceviche
    Cauliflower popcorn
    Lettuce/Endive .. etc wraps.

EDIT: Remove HTML
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    turkey meatballs with light sauce
    turkey lil smokies wrapped in turkey bacon sprinkled with splenda brown sugar blend ( we took this to my sisters house not telling anybody they were different...GONE all 80 lil smokies in a matter of 10 minutes
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    grape tomato and garlic/basil/oregano on a dab of low fat or skim ricotta on a garlic herb triscuit.

OMNOMNOMFACE
  • kblpn
    kblpn Posts: 32
    Options
    Cucumber slices, grape tomatoes with Newman's Own Lime Vinaigrette.. kind of like a salad. SO good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    shrimp cocktail (make your own cocktail sauce)

crackers and garlic/chive goat cheese topped with cold smoked salmon

humus and pita chips

crab cakes (homemade)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Galette (sweet or savoury)

Crepe cups (MFP Banana Pancake Cup) - You may substitute using the 'Banana Pancake Recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/282855-banana-pancakes-sooo-delish-d-so-low-calorie?hl=banana+pancake per serving. After making them, place each pancake into a muffin tin mold and bake in a hot oven for 10 -12 mins. Fill with berries and a dollop of light cream/plain Greek yoghurt/mascarpone/ricotta. OR. You could think of it as a quiche base and fill the cup as you desire.

Croquetas

Samosas - baked

Empanadas. - baked

Falafel

EDIT: Rice paper wrapped sausage meat to mimic sausage rolls and bake.

Sizzling shrimp

Miniature bangers

Tapanade

Nuts/Olives/cheeses/fruit

Pickled veggies (watch the salt)

Bacon wrapped dates

Mini potato omelette
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We have the same tradition and this year I am making Shrimp, Mozzarella, grape tomatoes skewers, and Hummus with homemade parmesan crisps.