Just say no!!!

Options
Food keeps on coming in the door...all sweets. I knew it was going to happen and yet I felt unprepared. UGH I ate 2 cookies and STOPPED myself - no more eating mindlessly. I hope I can last the rest of the week. Tying to avoid the faculty lounge. :(

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just plan ahead. Have quick, easy, nutritious snacks on hand. We are all facing it this time of year. Mind over matter. 2 cookies isn't the end of the world.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Good for you for stopping yourself at 2 cookies before you mindlessly ate 1/2 dozen!

"Staying Mindful" is the name of the game for me this holiday season.
    If I'm going to have a cookie, I want it to be a GOOD cookie. I'm not going to deprive myself, but I'm not going to munch away mindlessly either.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I think I've eaten 4 or 5 already today. But I still have an OK calorie count left for dinner. Probably will get on the treadmill tonight too. Last year, while on MFP, I ate WAY too many cookies, then got a bad cold and ate mindlessly while sick. I gained 3 lbs. the month of December. My 'lofty' goal this year is to just maintain. I baked over 700 cookies this past weekend and probably still have 10 dozen or so at home after all my give aways!
  • bjshores
    bjshores Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to know that 2 cookies isn't the end of all. Just make sure you don't let a slip turn into a fall. They have a lot of snacks here at work as well. I try my very best to bring something to eat for every 3 hours while I'm at work. I believe in cheating. It teaches me to have one cookie or donut instead of three. You will have cravings, but you have to manage them. I believe in giving into some temptations, its just in moderation.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I had a small piece of yummy fudge yesterday. I need to learn not to be afraid of food and am trying to work things into my plan.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I think the important part is to track it - and do so accurately. I think that was my issue last year. I didn't track everything for a couple of weeks and then just said, oh, I'll wait until the first of the year to get back into it. I did, but it was HARD.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just make sure whatever you do choose to eat is worth it! That will be my tactic for the rest of the holiday season. I work with all girls and we all like baking, so there are inevitably treats in the backroom whenever I work. I bring my own lunch on the days I work long enough for a break so that I don't buy mall food or give in to the snacks we have there.

I haven't made any cookies myself this year yet...not sure if I will. Not because I don't LOVE cookies, but I just don't feel like baking with how much I've been working! But for me, not making cookies at Christmas is a pretty big shocker.