Hi, I'm new!

Options
Hi my name is Diana. I am a school teacher. I need to lose weight to bring down my blood pressure. I hope this site will help.

Replies

• jas1957
    jas1957 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome. This is a great site for accountability & encouragement. Good Luck!:drinker:
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana...I love this site. I have only been on for about 2 weeks, but I am hooked. I try not to eat too much because I know I have to put in what I ate and if it's too many calories or carbs or sugar, I get angry at myself. I also like it because I put in what I workout. The more I work out the higher my calorie count goes up, but I don't eat that because I try to stay under my calorie count (my original calorie count) every day!! GOOD LUCK!! :-)
  • the_dragon
    the_dragon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana
    I'm relatively new to this site, but have found it a real eye opener to what I am actually eating!!
    And there is lots of support and advice available from everyone on here. Good luck and keep going and expect a couple of "bad" days.
    I am looking to lose about 3and a half stone for health reasons and have lost half a stone within the past 6 weeks and brought my bmi out of the obese bracket!!
    Good luck!!
    Niki
  • jon628
    Options
    Hi Diana,
    I have been using this site for a little over a month now and have lost 27 pounds!! This is a great site to help you understand what calories are in the foods you eat. It is not about getting stressed out by what you eat but just learning to eat smarter. I still eat plenty enough to feel good during the day and I am still losing. I love this site it helped me go from starving myself to just learning to eat smarter and a little exercise and you can see results too!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Hi my name is Diana. I am a school teacher. I need to lose weight to bring down my blood pressure. I hope this site will help.

You can do this and we are def here to help!
  • marii92
    Options

Hi Diana, I'm Marii. Welcome to MFP and good luck :)
  • AllisonMS
    Options
    Hi Diana,
    Welcome! I'm about 3 weeks here, and I've lost 10 pounds.
    Something that's helped me....whenever I feel the urge to sneak or cheat, I log on here and read the message board. It's inspiring, and a way to keep food out of my mouth!
    Good luck, and i'll look for you!
    allison
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HELLO
    I'V LOST WEIGHT HERE BEFORE AND NOW I'M BACK TO LOSE SOME THAT I GAINED BACK IT'S A WONDERFUL SITE .
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi Diana,

I'm new to this site also. Just signed up yesterday! Can't beleive the amount of support and motivation that I have felt from this site in the past 2 days!! Good luck to you!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey Diana,

This is an awesome site. I think you will find everything you need to succeed here. I'm here to help any way I can.

Teddy Roosevelt said "Believe you can and you're half-way there."
  • signmecr
    Options
    Hi Diana,

I too just joined and have a slightly elivated blood pressure that needs to be dropped. I do not want to spend the rest of my life on meds. Unfortunately I think some of mine is hereditary, but I know I can control alot better if I would loose some weight. This site really does look like there are alot of supporters here. I like that, helps to connect with people going through the same things.