Peach Question

Options
Okay I've read stuff online, seen what it's said it is here, and even heard what people think but not entirely sure what to think since they are all so different. Okay please tell me what you think a medium peach calories would be. I've always thought 60 something but heard 80+ and now just read 30 something. I'm stumped as to which is right but just wanna know your opinion on the matter.

Replies

• soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    better to overestimate than underestimate i would say 80 :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I go to nutritiondata.com when in doubt
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I could eat a peach for hours
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I could eat a peach for hours

Nice. :tongue:

Problem is the definition of the word 'medium'. Use a food scale, or use the "Peaches - Raw" official entry in the database based on the actual measurement of the fruit you consider medium.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    All I know about peaches is that they can enhance taste...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    concentrating on the wrong stuff. big picture.

B I G P I C T U R E
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Weigh one and calculate from calories per gram.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hmm, if only there was a website with some sort of food database where things like this could be looked up.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Peaches and cream
    I need it cause you know that I'm a fiend
    Gettin' freaky in my Bentley limousine
    It's even better when it's with ice cream
    Know what I mean
    Peaches and cream
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    All I know about peaches is that they can enhance taste...

That's pineapple...duh...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Okay, really. If you are off by 30-40 calories..is it really that big of a deal? Like Yoovie said, you need to focus on the bigger picture and not sweat the itty bitty stuff.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I'm stumped as to which is right but just wanna know your opinion on the matter.

My opinion is that they're delicious.

Now, moving away from the realm of opinions and moving ever so closer to the realm of fact, you could take the nutritional data from can of peaches (in water not syrup), and then weigh a sliced peach without the pit to get a rough idea of how many kcals a certain mass of peach slices contains.

However, it does seem a tad bit obsessive. Then again, if your deficit is super small, every little bit helps. So who knows?
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I agree overestimating is better then under and I've found some that actually come in bags that will tell you that 1 is X amount of calories so that's helpful. I've actually been staying away from then as of late because I can eat them all day long they are so delicious.