Officially introducing myself here!

Options
I've been around just over a week or so, but figured I should probably introduce myself properly so that I can really get the benefit of all the support this board has to offer!

My name is Katie, I'm 29 years old and have been battling my weight since childhood. I've had a couple good successes losing the weight, but I always seem to find it again! When I was 21 I lost 65 pounds and was at my skinniest and happiest. I wore a 10/12 but because I'm 5'11" that was really skinny for me! Then I met my DH and over the course of the next 3 years gained some of the weight back, 30 pounds by the time we married in 2004. The next year I was PG our daughter and I gained a massive 70 pounds while PG! But, lost it again before the year was over, getting back to roughly my wedding weight. In 2007 I got PG again, this time with identical twins! I gained less weight this time around because I was being cautious. My boys were born 6 weeks early but appeared quite healthy and I immediately started losing weight. However baby A (Everett) was diagnoses with a serious collection of heart defects when he was just 6 days old, when he was 20 days old he passed away, despite so many interventions to try and save his life. So, needless to say the past two years have been a roller coaster of emotions and I haven't gotten anywhere with my weight loss since Everett died :(

But, since August 2009, there's been a glint of inspiration in me and I've lost about 22 pounds. I have about 59 more to go before I'm at a happy comfortable weight.

I am an emotional eater, and I have a LOT of emotions, so this is a struggle for me.

I have a Wii Fit, and a plan, and a lot of good support in place, and I'd really like to see this weight come off before my 30th birthday in September!

I love this site so far, and am looking forward to getting to know some of you better!

Katie

Replies

• lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey.:wink:

(p.s. This site is AMAZING!!:love: )
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I've been around just over a week or so, but figured I should probably introduce myself properly so that I can really get the benefit of all the support this board has to offer!

My name is Katie, I'm 29 years old and have been battling my weight since childhood. I've had a couple good successes losing the weight, but I always seem to find it again! When I was 21 I lost 65 pounds and was at my skinniest and happiest. I wore a 10/12 but because I'm 5'11" that was really skinny for me! Then I met my DH and over the course of the next 3 years gained some of the weight back, 30 pounds by the time we married in 2004. The next year I was PG our daughter and I gained a massive 70 pounds while PG! But, lost it again before the year was over, getting back to roughly my wedding weight. In 2007 I got PG again, this time with identical twins! I gained less weight this time around because I was being cautious. My boys were born 6 weeks early but appeared quite healthy and I immediately started losing weight. However baby A (Everett) was diagnoses with a serious collection of heart defects when he was just 6 days old, when he was 20 days old he passed away, despite so many interventions to try and save his life. So, needless to say the past two years have been a roller coaster of emotions and I haven't gotten anywhere with my weight loss since Everett died :(

But, since August 2009, there's been a glint of inspiration in me and I've lost about 22 pounds. I have about 59 more to go before I'm at a happy comfortable weight.

I am an emotional eater, and I have a LOT of emotions, so this is a struggle for me.

I have a Wii Fit, and a plan, and a lot of good support in place, and I'd really like to see this weight come off before my 30th birthday in September!

I love this site so far, and am looking forward to getting to know some of you better!

Katie

My heart goes out to you Katie. I to know the deep grief of losing a child... nothing hurts worse. But you are a fighter, and a conquerer and you will lose the weight you need/want to. I believe in you.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

God has held me up through so much already, I think my weight will be the next obstacle He helps me tackle!

Katie
  • TrainerJulie
    Options
    Hi Katie!