Body NSV (Kind of?)

Options
Well I'm finally realizing that I actually have hips and a little curve to my body shape! At 315 pounds I didn't care what shape I was, frankly I didn't care about anything; I just always thought I was really boxy and took after my dad. I am built pretty much like my dad and he is very boxy. Well, I have been noticing lately that I have a little hour glass curve going on. It's small but there is curve there. I put on a friend's North Face Jacket this morning and it fit perfectly everywhere except it was kind of snug at the bottom. I was like " This doesn't make sense! It fits everywhere else" then I noticed the the spot where it zipped up was along my hips and that's why it was tight. So my hips are actually bigger than my waist! I'm kind of excited about this because it's new to me.

As I have lost weight I have become more in tune with my body. I have also noticed I nit pick myself more than I ever have before (it's something I'm working on because I don't want to be unhappy with my body when I get to my goal). But before when I was super fat and even before then when I wasn't 315 pounds I was never in tune with my body. I just say a straight body so I didn't care. Now I'm noticing things about my body that I never noticed before and it's all so interesting to me. I have never been healthy ( I am somewhat now or at least more so than 86 pounds ago) or at a healthy weight so being able to see my collar bones, knee bones, feet bones, and finger bones is almost foreign to me! I have never been under 200 as an adult (Very sad, I know) and I am only 30 more pounds until I reach wonderland and I am so completely eager to see what my body looks like.

So, I guess this NSV is that I noticed I do actually have some curves to me and I am becoming more aware of my physical body.

Replies

• heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I must be dumb because I don't see the button to edit my post.

I meant *ONDERLAND* not wonderland! hahaha. I'm a dummy!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV! I'm glad you're seeing that your body has it's own shape and that you are creating even more of one as you get healthier and healthier :) I'm excited for you to reach ONEderland also :) Keep up the awesome work!
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job! We need to notice those things about ourselves. Too many of us look in the mirror and see all those things we hate! So good for your NSV. Merry Christmas.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thats a great NSV. And the closer to ONEderland you get the more you will see you body show its shape! :)
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    You look great - amazing progress and very inspiring!
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    I finally got used to portion control, and I am starting to workout again. I'm doing a 30 day get in shape program at my gym, and then doing a 90 day warrior challenge. Just got through with day 1, so 29 to go until the big one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!