No curves :(

Options
Ok so I've lost all the weight I'd set as my goal & then some....so I set a new goal. I only have 3kg more to lose & then I'm done. Problem is not losing it at all or keeping it off... I can do that easy cause I know I can. Problem is that I HAVE NO CURVES. I'm serious...apart from my shrunken boobs (I miss my boobies now) I have no curves at all. No hips, no butt.... nothing. I'm straight up & down. Take away my boobs & I'd look like a skinny man.

I know nothing can be done about that, unless there is fat there then I'm not getting any slender curves on my hips..... but damn I was kinda hoping something would show to the world I'm female :( It's kinda got me down about it all now. I don't even have those strange bumps on the legs that some women have...you know on the top side part of the thighs...it's just straight up & down :( I've never had a booty so that's no big deal.

I want some sexy curves damnit.

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    do Brazil Butt Lift for bum bum shape and slim in 6 gave me a waist.. I have the same prob when I lose weight :P
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    1. Learn to love yourself, girl. Your issue shouldn't be wanting another body type... you need to learn to love the one you're in!
    2. Your body is attractive and healthy and strong, regardless of the curve or no curve it has.
    3. The best part of all of this is "Problem is not losing it at all or keeping it off... I can do that easy cause I know I can." Take that awesome accomplishment, and that awesome positive thinking, and apply it to the aesthetics now :P
    4. Squat. Lunge. Deadlift... you'd be surprised what kind of butt (and shapely legs) you can get, anyway.

Plus, I looked at your pics... you have made AMAZING progress. And it still looks like you have nice jugs to me ;)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Some of it is genetics - if you're not genetically inclined to be an hourglass figure, you're not going to be an hourglass figure - but you can certainly maximize your potential by strength training. Start now if you're not already doing it. Muscle can add a great deal of aesthetic appeal to your body, and don't worry about "bulking up" - that's not gonna happen unless you eat at a significant surplus and start taking steroids.

Do you know your current bodyfat percentage? Many people lose weight without regard to maintaining lean body mass (muscle) and end up what's referred to as "skinny fat" - slender, but still with a high bodyfat percentage which leaves you droopy/saggy looking. Hard to say if that's what you're dealing with or not, but food for thought....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Strength train...let those lovely lean muscles give you shape. Check out the 'new rules of lifting for women' program or stronglift 5 x 5. Read up on body recomposition!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Agree with firstsip! Your body is an amazing piece of machinery. Give it all the credit it deserves.

Another thought: being womanly has AT LEAST as much to do with how you carry yourself and behave as it does with your body's shape. Act like you've got it, and no one will suspect otherwise.

Lastly, go for the bigger weights! You might be surprised at what curves you can get out of your body when you start lifting heavier than you think you can...

Wait, one more thing: squats, lunges, squats, lunges, squats, lunges, squats, lunges, squats, lunges, squats, lunges...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    all different kinds of squats and lunges..... and kettlebell swings.... have given me a butt!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I got my 20,000 steps on hard resistance to get a but going (and my thighs) and doing Kettleworx to do the rest..... I do want to be "built & bulked" a little just cause I find that looks nice.

Hopefully other things will show along with it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll second, third, or whatever number we're up to now on the weight lifting. It gave me a higher, rounder tush and adding muscle to my back and shoulders created more of an hourglass shape where I was previously very much a pear.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    probably 1/3 of men prefer your body type. hth
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    You can't change your body shape. Love what you are.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    do Brazil Butt Lift for bum bum shape and slim in 6 gave me a waist.. I have the same prob when I lose weight :P

*bump*
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    but damn I was kinda hoping something would show to the world I'm female

Also, curves do NOT make a female 'female'. Real women have... a body with lady parts, original or otherwise, and a working brain. Curve-less women are just as legit. And I say this as a curvy chick :wink:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Bikini shot or we will be heavily suspicious of the truth of such a statement. Front, side, and back shots are required.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world.

I don't have a very defined waist either, and I don't have a butt or hips.

I'm cool with it though - it's who I am. Love yourself, and love being healthy. That's what counts.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I also recommend heavy lifting. You won't get all bulked up BUT heavy lifting has done more for my curves than anything else! I also used to have no curves, just up and down. I've never had any decent boobs, and don't store that much fat in my legs or hips. Yet since lifting I've managed to add some good muscle size to my butt (Which I love now!) and my thighs. Along with muscle to my shoulders/upper body, giving me more of an hourglass figure than I had before. It's not "that" curvy but it's certainly a good improvement!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the lifting and strength training.

I can't stress this enough. I think it's more effective for getting the body you want than cardio (although that has its place as well, and should be included in your exercise as well).
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Build a booty with squats and lunges. Go heavy with the weights!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I feel this too. I have a very minimally defined waist myself no matter how much I lose. Some of us are just built rather straight we are called bananas and/or rectangles for that reason.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Bikini shot or we will be heavily suspicious of the truth of such a statement. Front, side, and back shots are required.

Yeah, you look plenty curvy in the pictures in your profile. I bet you are being too hard on yourself.

However, you should still weight train.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I had this problem of being a board with small mams. then i started squats and deadlifts. no more flat bum! Nice roundy bum bum.

But nothing can make the mams bigger that isn't silicone.

I also have the "no waist" issue. From the front i am almos straigh from shoulders to upper hips (I do have hips mercifully). I don't know that anything can be done to make my waist smaller. But I take pride in how strong i am and that i have that muscle.