hitting the wall

Options
What do you guys do when you hit a wall? I went from three to four hours a day working out and being physical (think chopping dead trees with a dull axe) to one hour....to nothing. i take 1-2 days off every week but had maintained the three+ hour schedule for 8 months. then BAM. i hit a wall i guess. im not sick or injured, i feel fine. I took a week and a half to see if id recover but today a 30 minute workout with half my normal weight just killed me. im eating like always, but when i miss workouts i lose my appetite (workout days i consume 2600-2800 calories- weeks that i take off it drops to around 1500). Heck, my breakfast alone should have left me feeling fab-a protein shake with yogurt, an orange, half an apple, and a serving of hazelnuts and walnuts. 789 calories.

but i went to work out and 50lbs was just exhausting to clean in order to squat with (i usually do 115 for this workout). My legs cramped, my form was shot to hell, and i called it quits halfway through.

im lost-ive hit walls before but its never taken me two weeks to get back in. im pissed-im a hardgainer to begin with and ive lost 9lbs since cutting down to an hour three weeks ago.

heres my info so yall can help (im bummed.)
22 years old
female
120# (three weeks ago was 129.9#)
I supplement with
calcium+d
womens one a day multi
fish/flax/borage oil
cinnamon
b12
Glucosamine+chondroitin
magnesium
Greens powder
bcaa+glutamine
Whey and casein powder.

No caffiene.
I also have an arrhythmia that drags me down sometimes, but never like this.

I worked for months to bench press 165#-now i doubt i could hold up the stupid bar >:(

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Bump.

anyone?
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Bump
    :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing; it's burnout. I worked out six to eight times a week, intense workouts, training for a Warrior Dash, then when the Dashes were over, I didn't know how to quit. Soon, I began being very fatigued and actually losing strength despite my workouts. I was eating right and all that, but I had given up my rest. I knew better, but you just get so into the habit of working out really hard. I had to take a week or two off completely. That didn't entirely take care of it, but it allowed me to start back at a much lower intensity and recover while I was still doing something. Now I have my workout schedule mapped until next September (I'm doing a Tough Mudder in the end of August).. but I've taken care to schedule rest days, step-back weeks every four to six weeks, and deload weeks between every training cycle. I'm currently in a half marathon trainer, which ends the first of March. Then I take a week off (and I mean I do NOTHING!).. then I"m going after the heavy weights. I'm gonna hit the iron for a few months, then deload again. Then it's intense interval training for my upcoming Warrior Dashes and Tough Mudder this summer. I hit the wall so hard, I was afraid I'd give up completely. I actually have to give myself permission to rest. It has taken me a couple of months to recover, but I'm finally getting back in the swing.