Questions for BMF users

Options
Okay, I used the "TOPIC: In Place of a Road Map 2.0 (Revised) 7/2/12" thread to calculate my TDEE (using sededentrary since I mainly have a desk job) and subtracted 20% from that value to determine what by daily calorie limit is.

The TDEE came out pretty close to what my daily calorie usage is based on the BMF data on days I haven't done any real extra activity. So I'm pretty comfortable with the TDEE -20% calorie limit (which I changed to be my daily calorie limit here on MFP).

When the BMF armband syncs with MFP, somedays I've had days where my activty readings were higher than normal.....but I still stuck with the daily TDEE-20% calorie goal....and then MFP shows a net calorie intake of like 800 calories.

My understanding is when using the BMF armband activity data, and the TDEE-20% as a calorie goal (instead of BMR), that you don't eat back any exercise calories.

So the question is this: Does this seem right?

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE for that day is far more than the average you are using than you should eat more just for that day. The average TDEE minus 20% works if you are consistent in your activity level and exercise. My dailies can vary within 1,000 calories so I use a net number and eat my exercise calories.