M-A-N?

Options
Morning, Afternoon, or Night?....Which part of the day (if any) do you eat most of your calories? Also if you've struggled do you save them for a particular time?

Personally I try to save my calories for the evenings and nights because that's when I get pretty hungry.

Replies

• new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i am pretty consistent with each meal - breakfast, lunch and dinner...i use up all my calories for the day which is fine, but then after dinner i become a ravenous beast! every day is a struggle to not over eat after dinner.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I am a dinner kind of girl!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i do the same but im trying to change it. i think early morning is the best cause it gives u your energy for the day and u work most of the cvalories off during your day to day routine (depending on what that is) and if u eat at nigh u tend to eat then fall asleep which means your not working off any of your calories and it just sits there and turns into adipose tissue (fat) plus its not good for your stomach to digest laying down you should at least be in the vertical position :) hope this helps
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I try and keep breakfast light, but filling... fruit... oatmeal... cream of wheat.... granola... That kind of stuff...

Lunch is kind of in the middle... I try and keep it around 500 calories... Salads with a protien... Lean meat with veges... etc.

And then dinner isn't my biggest meal (size wise), but it's usually got the most calories because I'm making food the husband will enjoy as well... So it's not usually just a salad or vege burger. It's got a bit more substance to it.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Night. That's when I want my favorite things like pie, cake, cookies. I'm a sugar, flour, butter kind of person. However, I plan the times when I will eat those things--so I can look forward to it and control what I eat. It can never be the same as it was, with uncontrollable eating all the time. It just can't. And it won't. :flowerforyou:
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    in the morning, and after i workout i eat the majority of my calories
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    My meals are pretty much equal, except for breakfast,which is about 200 calories more. Not on purpose, but it's just the way it worked out. A few things to remember is: it takes 24 hrs for your food to digest, no matter when you eat it, so if you eat a 500cal meal at 9pm, you have until 9pm the next night to burn those calories off. Also, you can't eat for what you've done, you can only eat for what you're going to do. You wouldn't drive a car 500 miles without first putting fuel in the tank, would you?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Night - but only because I'm not the one making dinner. If I was making all the meals I'd spread it out more evenly.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    At night. At work I am busy, so I don't snack throughout the day. When I get home and mainly after dinner I am sitting around. I tend to snack a lot at night, so I make sure to save enough calories.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    I try to make breakfast my most caloric meal to get the metabolism going.

Nearly all nutritionist agree that is the best meal to take in the most calories so the body can begin the burn process.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    For me it's definitely the mid afternoon time between about 2:30 and 5:00. UGH. it's the worst and I make the most terrible choices.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Im balanced...but I do lose the most every morning around 8, after a few cups of coffee...
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Morning! Big breakfast!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Night.

I don't even start eating until 2 pm. 4 pm on lift days.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I save mine for the night, too. I know I'm more likely to go out to eat, to a friends, or have drinks.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Morning, Afternoon, or Night?....Which part of the day (if any) do you eat most of your calories? Also if you've struggled do you save them for a particular time?

Personally I try to save my calories for the evenings and nights because that's when I get pretty hungry.

I eat most of my calories at Lunch or Breakfast (only on days when my oatmeal does not fill me up). Otherwise, my snacks can pretty much register big numbers depending on what I choose to consume or even my beverage choices.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Mine completely varies from day to day because of my wacky work schedule. As long as I'm still under my calories by midnight, I'm happy. Lol.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm always different. I don't know if that's a good thing, I guess consistency would be good. But sometimes I really want a huge breakfast, and sometimes I dont' want anything.. So it changes from day to day
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Night for sure. I'm just not as hungry in the morning, and I stay up wicked late, so I'll have a snack or two after dinner. I usually work out in the afternoon, too, so the extra calories from that gives me more wiggle room at night.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I prefer mid-day, but, since I'm usually at work then, it usually ends up being at night. Especially since I usually end up eating my lunch during the long commute home, and then immediately eat dinner!