I am going to do this!!!

Options
sbro32
sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
Hi! Congratulations to everyone who is here and taking the initiative to better themselves. Positive people taking positive steps really get me going, so I'm happy to be amongst all of you!

I've tried this out before, but I just wasn't ready. And I readily admit that my non-success was a result of my attitude and actions and not this program. I think the program is great.

And so here I am, and here I go! Starting today, I am dedicating myself to this program and to my health. My goal is to be 20 lbs thinner when I cross the finish line in my town's mini-marathon. Not only is this my goal weight, but this will be my 6th year running the race, and every year I have become slower and heavier. Not this year!

This will entail losing 1lb a week from here to April 27th. I know there will be set backs. I know there will be days when I am not quite as motivated and psyched as I am right now, and that's okay. I know in the end I will reach my goal, and I couldn't be happier for my future self.

So here I go! And if you're reading this, best of luck to you and your goal too! Positive people taking positive steps, y'all!!!

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • lilinubo
    Options
    I could have written you post. I have done this in the past with so little success but it was all my fault. I will start again right now. Your post encourages me a lot.

Nice to meet you both of you!
  • redman2508
    Options
    Great to see your positive attitude you will do it train hard and eat clean good luck...!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. I have faith in you!
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Your encouragement means so much. And if I'm encouraging you too, well that's just all kinds of awesome.

This first night is proving to be a little tough, but I don't mind when I think of the pride I'll feel when I finish the week out.

I'm thinking good thoughts for all of you tonight too. Thanks for taking time to reach out!