Spinning, why didnt anyone tell me?!

Options
How AWESOME it is i mean! I was doing my cardio tonight at the gym and i had been wanting to try Spinning but i thought " theres no way i can keep up" tonight though i jumped in! It was better than running!! The instructor said I peddle with my toes and need to do it with my heel, but that I kept up for a first timer.

I think I may drop my tread/ellip for Spinning!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! It took a few months for my friend (who is the instructor) to convince me, but once I went, I was hooked. I've been going to class at least once a week for a year now.

Definitely better than the elliptical and it's a great way to cross train for running.
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep, last time I lost weight (before I had my son), I needed to slim my hips and thighs because I was 104 pounds and still wearing a size 10...I went to spinning 3 times a week for 6 weeks and dropped to a size zero. I've just rejoined the gym and am spending the first 30 days on the treadmill to work myself back up and then I'll be hitting spinning class at 5am every Monday and Wednesday again. I love spinning!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something new that you love! I've never tried it, but I don't have a gym membership either. Hopefully soon!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty great if you find the bikes comfortable. My main problem with it is the volume level of the class. OUCH! I need to try out some other instructors at my gym, to see if they're any better.

Have fun!! :)
  • Anzsjela
    Anzsjela Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I still remember my first spinning class, after 10 minutes, just finishing the warm up my wrists hurt, my *kitten* was so sore and I didn't seem to be able to find the right position on the saddle, I was bright red and sweating bullets. 15 mins in, I just wanted to get out of there but it was shame what kept me there, all these people were pushing so hard I couldn't just leave, right?

At the end of the class and for the next couple of days I was so sore but also felt so good for finishing the class. Nowadays I LOVE spinning classes, is the only sort of cardio training I enjoy. So many people give it up after the first class, you have to give it time, it will never get easy but you get better at it :wink:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    should be the ball of your foot, aktually.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    should be the ball of your foot, aktually.

thats what i meant. :)