Hello

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 21 yr old Marketing major. I hail from WV, however it currently feels like I live in Colorado or some place thanks to all this snow. Since the winter is what it is, I am stuck indoors without enough money/time to go to a gym. So my plan is to get my eating right, do some in home exercises with the dvds(which I LOVE), and when it warms up I'd like to start trying to be a runner. I've never liked running before but I want to get there. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all! Have a good Thursday!

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mother of 2 living in NE. So I understand being stuck inside without the time/money to join a gym. I also was never a runner but started walking around a year ago and one day I found myself wanting to jog and it has just progressed from there. I really enjoy this site and hope you will too :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I just started to try and be a runner myself..."try" is the key word. Its getting easier and easier and I find myself getting upset when I cannot find an open treadmill at the gym. In highschool i played basketball and soccer, but running a mile was the worse thing EVER. Now I am able to run 2 miles with out a break and have signed up for mysecond 5K this March for Pattys Day. I am excited to try my new skills outside on the pavement! Good Luck!! :) PS - It Took about a month to be able to run 2 two miles straight..
  • grandma23
    Options
    This is a great site, even let's you know when you over do it. As long as you honest and add every thing. Which I do and say I'll do better tomorrow. Have to give yourself some goof time. I am from Colorado and we haven't got as much snow as the east. Our ski slopes would like some of your snow:):) If you stick to 1lb a week you will feel good about your progress. Good Luck Peggy :smile:
  • red99raider
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a school teacher that is very active but love sweets and have a major problem snacking late at night. I am not over weight just need to watch myself because my family has a history of diabetes. I love to run because it is excellent think time. Stay safe you road runners.
  • Lbobo1
    Options
    This is a great site, even let's you know when you over do it. As long as you honest and add every thing. Which I do and say I'll do better tomorrow. Have to give yourself some goof time. I am from Colorado and we haven't got as much snow as the east. Our ski slopes would like some of your snow:):) If you stick to 1lb a week you will feel good about your progress. Good Luck Peggy :smile:

If I could I would GLADLY give you some of our snow. I'm used to bad winters but this has been a horrible one. I keep thinking if I was 10 years old I would be loving it! I haven't been able to drive my car in almost three weeks. I don't know if I will remember how! lol.
    Thanks for your advice!
  • Lbobo1
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your welcomes and advice!