Calorie count of weight training

Options
Hi there. Does anyone know why the program doesnt seem to track calories for weight training? or am i doing something wrong?

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    There's too many factors to account for..so its hard to receive an accurate count
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    look under "strength training" but in the cardiovascular section..............its there..................
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There's too many factors to account for..so its hard to receive an accurate count

This is so true - I can tell too - 1 hour strength training with my trainer is a whole different story than one hour strength training by myself. Yet they are logged as same... I never bothered to get an HRM but people have very diff opinions of them. I think even same could be said for circuit training.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

This calorie counter website lets you choose either "general weightlifting" or "vigorous weightlifting" You can find an approximate calorie count there, and then enter it on here for yourself. Again, it's not going to bee 100% accurate, but might be closer to what you feel is really happening.
  • KDM1999
    KDM1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    found it! thanks
  • KDM1999
    Options
    loved the link and seems more accurate-thanks for the tip
  • KDM1999
    Options
    good point- thanks