40 down, 60 more to go - need some support

Options
Hi all,

I am not really "new" to MFP, have been actively using it since end of September but I am "new" to the community side of things. I have been quietly logging for the last few months but realize now that doing it with fellow MFPers makes things much easier.

I am looking for friends that log everyday, are cheerful and supportive and have a similar weight loss goals. I work out 4-5 times a week for about 40-60 minutes, just simple cardio (elliptical) at the moment until I get comfortable enough to start weights.

If you are in the same boat, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Hi there!

Congrats on your loss so far... great job!

I also do simple cardio ~ walking for now. I just started utilizing the MFP community... many nice people and lots of much appreciated support! Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you!
  • bbcoachmegan
    Options
    Hey!!! Great job!

Just a quick tip ... weights are your friend!!! I'm glad the cardio is working - but as you continue to workout - you'll see yourself hitting a plateau. Weights are good to help build lean muscle ... and muscle burns fat!!! Cardio, on the other hand, can deplete some of your muscle tone during the workout if your body doesn't have the right fuel.

Just a quick tip. :)

I work out 4-5 times a week for about 40-60 minutes, just simple cardio (elliptical) at the moment until I get comfortable enough to start weights.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request. I have 100 pounds to lose.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am not really "new" to MFP, have been actively using it since end of September but I am "new" to the community side of things. I have been quietly logging for the last few months but realize now that doing it with fellow MFPers makes things much easier.

I am looking for friends that log everyday, are cheerful and supportive and have a similar weight loss goals. I work out 4-5 times a week for about 40-60 minutes, just simple cardio (elliptical) at the moment until I get comfortable enough to start weights.

If you are in the same boat, please feel free to add me!

Been tracking consequently for about a year now and I also have a way to go on my weight loss. Just turned 31 (saw you are the same age!!!) I think this would be a win win if you added me. lol!
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I log faithfully every day! I sent you a friend request
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    Adding you right now...keep up the great work!
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    You're off to such a good start already. I started about 3 weeks ago and needed to lose 170. I log daily and I try to be upbeat and supportive. I haven't seriously started any exercise plan yet but my intention is to mostly focus on strength training.