Hello

Options
Hi..My name is Nicole. I'm a 24 yr old mother of 2. I've been overweight most of my life and then packed baby weight from both kids on top of that. I lost 35lbs last year, but have gained most of it back because I didn't do it the right way. I have a very bad relationship with food. I'm a bored eater and when i'm feeling down, I binge. I work out at least 4 days a week, so the food issue is my biggest problem. I would like to get to a weight where I feel healthy and am comfortable with myself.

688119.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• reptillian
    Options
    this site helps me stay motivated by seeing everyone elses stories. keep at it and Im sure you will come out on top!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hi Nicole.
    Glad you can join us!
    You can't go wrong here, you will find all the support and encouragement you need.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Nicole,

Life changes take time, these are easier for some and not for others, so you need to be patient and accepting of your progress and set backs. Consistency is huge, since you're a bored eater and it sounds like there may be times of day that are harder for you. You need to get busy. During these times do the laundry, go for a walk jump up and down with the kids... exercise will help curb the need to eat right then and there. Also something I did for a while was keep a journal of how I was feeling when I wanted to grab for the chips for box of cereal. It helped me keep track of my moods and what I was feeling at the time. Make sure you're drinking lots of water, and really listen to your bodies needs. You can do this. Your motivation will help and keep a strong will. You can do this :)
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips, kind words, and support. It is much appreciated. I definitely think this site, with it's message boards and tips/support from other members is going to be a big help. I'm already way more motivated then I've been in a long time. Thanks guys! :0)