Frustrated!!!!

Options
Hi all, I have been on again off again on MFP since last year, when I was on a roll and lost 13 pounds. I've gained back at least half the weight, and every time I try to start again, I can't seem to stay within the calories for more than 4-5 days. Once weekend hits, forget it. I've recently started working out after a couple months hiatus, so I feel better about that. I really need some motivation to get me back on track. A group or a friend to be accountable to might be the thing for me? Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• rach89652
    Options
    Hey. I'm Rachael. I am pretty new to this whole finess pal thing. I was reading about a group that gets together and plays Biggest Loser. They are on week 7 so I didnt want to try to join at this point. We should get together and make a group! :)

Accountability is the HARDEST thing for me. If I know someone is watching, I will do what Im supposed to do! :)
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    SAME THING FOR ME ON AGIAN OFF AGIAN BUT THIS TIME I'M DOING IT,I DON'T HAVE ALOT TO LOSE 10-15 LBS.I'V WORKOUT 3 TIMES THIS WEEK ALREADY.
    WE ARE HERE FOR YOU JUST REMEMBER YOUR WORTH IT.WELCOME
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Hey there! Just remember that life style changes take time. You're motivated to do this and lose the weight and I believe you can, stay consistent... maybe change they types of food your eating around a bit. What helped me a lot to not fall off the wagon, was when I decided I would eat most of my sugars and carbs earlier in the day and more proteins and veggies lafter in the day and at dinner. I do suggest trying hard on the weekends to do good, and if there is a particular time of day that is bad for you- get busy. Get out of the house and be somewhere else, go for a walk, do the laundry do some exercising and to curb the itch to be bad. You can conquer this. Well wishes to you on your journey :):flowerforyou:
  • Questfor250
    Options
    The very first thing you need are friends. Friends are the key to success. They are the ones who are in it with you and whom you can share your frustrations and celebrate your successes. I am a huge believer in group participation. Part of the team kind of thing. I have a core group of friends that support me and without their help, I am positive I would struggle.
  • kingjames
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose?
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Hey. I'm Rachael. I am pretty new to this whole finess pal thing. I was reading about a group that gets together and plays Biggest Loser. They are on week 7 so I didnt want to try to join at this point. We should get together and make a group! :)

Accountability is the HARDEST thing for me. If I know someone is watching, I will do what Im supposed to do! :)

Hey Ami, (SugarHi)

You have been around longer and had more success than the rest of those responding here. Would you want to chair a group? I will do it f you pass. I would like a group and as Rachael has started stated, the Biggest Loser group already on Week 7. Whatcha think?
  • skroll
    skroll Posts: 24
    Options
    I have joined a biggest looser group. It is fun and rewarding at the same time. Plus I have tried to be really good Monday through Friday. So, I have a little room on the weekends if I choose to. I also listened to Dr. Oz on the automate your life to make it easier for us to stay on track. I have the samething for breakfast and eat a healthy frozen meal for lunch and fruit or nuts for a snack during the day so by dinner I have around 1300 +/- calories to work with. Keep trying like someone else said it takes time to make life changes. But for me it has been worth it. I have lost 22 pounds.:happy:
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys for your feedback! Joining a group sounds like a promising way to be held accountable. It would be awesome if someone who has been around would like to chair one... (hint hint)
    Kingjames, I am looking to lose about 20 lbs, but 10 would be a good start! Anything would feel good at this point, the scale has been creeping in the WRONG direction!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'M ON A TEAM CALLED FAB FOURS IT'S A GREAT TEAM IF YOU LIKE TO JOIN YOU CAN.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options

Hey Ami, (SugarHi)

You have been around longer and had more success than the rest of those responding here. Would you want to chair a group? I will do it f you pass. I would like a group and as Rachael has started stated, the Biggest Loser group already on Week 7. Whatcha think?

Mike, (QuestFor250)

I say lets do it! I dub you chairman. That means you do the lists.. Are you up for such a job ;) All chaffing aside. hehe If you're not, then I'll build the sheets and send out the appropriate invite. Or we could work together. Let me know :)