what is too high?

Options
when I work out my heart rate is between 185 and 215....my bro (who I work out with) says that is scary high and I need to be careful because that's too high...I don't have high blood pressure or anything.....any tips on what I can do to slow it down to a healthier pace

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Ditch the HRM and just work out. Your brother isn't a doctor and your HRM isn't a piece of medical equipment
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Generally when you eat faces.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling light headed, nauseous, pressure, pain or discomfort in chest, arm, neck or jaw?? If not, shill out, max heart rates vary greatly between individuals...
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb for max heart rate is 220 minus your age. For example I am 37, so my approximate max = 220 - 37 = 183. True physical max does vary a good bit for each individual.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't faint, lightheaded, dizzy, and completely dying for breath.. you should pretty much be fine. Heart rate zones vary so much from person to person it's insane.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm less worried now!
  • HeiWol87
    Options
    I had the same issue and I went to the docs. They didnt seem that bothered, They did say to me at one point " you do know when you exercise your heart rate WILL go up...." mmmm I wasnt very impressed by that, but oh well!!

Anyway they did a scan and said everything was fine. If your worried go get it checked out, it put my mind at ease