is there life after heartbreak?

Options

Replies

• melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It will be hard at first. But, with time it gets easier. Eventually you will find the guy that was meant to be with you and you will realize everything worked out exactly the way it was meant to :) I've been there, got out of a relationship with a guy I was with for 5 years. It was very hard at first. Then, I got together with my now husband and I am so thankful everything happened the way it did. Head up! Everything happens for a reason. When you least expect it, you will find your soul mate, the one you are meant to be with :)
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i wonder that alot lately and I really, really hope so x
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Yes, there absolutely is. It really does just take time though. Focus on yourself - taking care of yourself, figuring out what you want and enjoy in life when not influenced by a partner, focus on achieving your goals. Keep busy! Spend lots of time with friends and family. The pain and hurt subsides. Eventually you will go long periods of time without even thinking of that person, and when you do, chances are it won't hurt anymore.

Good luck and hugs your way.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    100% yes, even if you thought they were your soul mate, married for 15 years with kids, and have an affair. Yes there is life after death. lol
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    There is life after heartbreak. My heart was shattered on December 19th 1997 when a police officer knocked on my door and told me that my husband had been in an accident. He was hit head on by a drunk driver and died before they could get him out of his truck. Our children were one and three at the time.
    Fifteen years later and this is still the hardest week of the year for me. It makes my heart hurt to know I won't ever feel his kiss, his touch, or the butterflies he gave me when he walked in a room. It makes my heart hurt to know that he won't be at birthdays, graduations, or walk our little girl down the isle at her wedding. My heart just hurts!!
    Now for the life after....it took a LONG time but I did meet someone who has filled the hole. He gives me butterflies, too! :) I still miss my husband and wonder what he'd be like at our age now...but I have someone that I love deeply and who loves me! We have a strong connection....one that I didn't think I'd ever have with anyone else. There is life after heartbreak....and it's pretty good! It doesn't mean that all the memories will go away...but, you can have happiness!

:( Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I cannot even imagine. I am glad to hear you found a nice guy though. It's crazy how quick life can change in an instant. After this school shooting, I have realized I take things for granted (as i am sure a lot of people do) Now I am cherishing every moment I have with my loved ones! My prayers are with you.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I hope so. Im going through a bad break up right now.

It sucks, but Im trying to be positive and look forward to a fresh start in the new year.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    isnt this what facebook is for
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Please refer to the fourm title: "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games"

And, may I add, way to be snotty to someone in emotional pain and turmoil. Go you!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

And, may I add, way to be snotty to someone in emotional pain and turmoil. Go you!

way to be snotty to someone being snotty

when will the madness end?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

way to be snotty to someone being snotty

when will the madness end?
    NEVAH!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Yup. There is and most of us are living proof of it.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By the way, that's me on the bottom right.... just fyi...

time-after-break-up-differences-between-men-and-women.jpg
  • SheTrucker
    SheTrucker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    REALLY hoping so...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes there is.

To the OP-You will find happiness with a new love.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I believe it depends on the person. While you can love someone with all your heart, you still decide how your life continues without them. You can make it enjoyable or you can make it sad. This isn't discounting that the heartbreak is insignificant, I'm saying that people have a choice to live better. Is it hard? Yeah, but that's when the best of us usually shine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It takes time. Years ago I had a very hard time after my boyfriend and I broke up. It tooks months before I finally got over it.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! :drinker: Time heals. But it's also up to you to be happy.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Of course there is life after heartbreak...

No love affair is worth dying for especially one that ends in heartbreak...
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Of course there's life after heatbreak. If there weren't, the world would cease to exist because every person on the planet has experienced it. If we all married the first guy we ever loved, the divorce rate would be close to 100%.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Well is there? :o( What's it like to move on
    It took 27 years for you to experience that? Count yourself lucky. No matter what, yes.... there's a better life IF you stop and reflect on the past and learn from it. Otherwise, you will make the same mistakes over and over.