Who has to exercise as soon as they awake?

Options
I do because I loathe exercise. If I don't force myself to do it as soon as my feet hit the ground then I will make all types of excuses and it just won't get done. Anyone else like this? Has converting to the morning time helped you to be more consistent?

And what's worse is that if I don't do it in the morning. The rest of my day suffers because I can't focus. I continually think about the exercise I have to do. So as a result other things don't get done and neither does the exercise. Double Whammy!

Replies

• brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast 1st and hen about an hour later i work out - yea i love working out in the morning tho!
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I get up, get changed, drink a cup of coffee then GO!!!!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Works for me! I am naturally a morning person so am much more effective and motivated in the morning. I love nothing better than hopping out of bed, into my cycling gear and on my bike for my 75-90 minute ride to work. Then I shower, eat breakfast and start my work day on a high.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I'm the opposite, can't get motivated to exercise in the morning no matter how many times I set the alarm and try!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, first thing as soon as I wake up, before coffee even - I find it helps if I start half asleep and then by the time I'm properly mentally awake I'm almost finished working out. Then I get breakfast while I'm cooling down and can get ready for work. Sets me up for the day :drinker:
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wake up, take pre-workout or BCAA's. Then go to the gym.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Been doing this since July I like to be able to add calories burned before I start logging food eaten. It seems easier this way
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

you should drink some water, drink some coffee, feed the dog, take a poop, put on some clothes and THEN go to the gym
  • bdamaster60
    Options

you should drink some water, drink some coffee, feed the dog, take a poop, put on some clothes and THEN go to the gym

:laugh: well if we are going into details..:blushing:
    There is caffeine in my pre-workout, and I drink it with water and I love to workout out in the gym naked, I hate clothes :glasses:
  • Marvi120
    Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coffee!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Right wrist, left one if I fancy a challenge.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning exerciser! Roll out of bed, get dressed, and pop in a DVD, then take the dog out for a run or walk depending on the day. A few days a week I do classes at the gym after work - but I like to get the primary stuff out of the way first thing - wakes me up and gets me moving!
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Right wrist, left one if I fancy a challenge.

I see what you did there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. (Almost first thing...after the kids get off to school.) If I wait till evening it just doesn't get done. Too many excuses in my head not to do it. Unfortunately I couldn't work out this morning, so I'm really going to fight the inertia I'll feel tonight and get moving!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I wish I could exercise first thing in the morning. I have to be at work at 6am, and I'm just not getting up any earlier to workout. So, I adjust to after work exercise. On the weekends, I'm out the door for a run or yoga class before breakfast.
  • kittypudding
    Options
    i love working out in the morning after i wash up from sleeping! it helps to boost my energy for the rest of the day. not a super long, vigorous work out, but maybe a nice 30 minute brisk walk or jog does the trick. but i also work out after i get home from school for a few hours, but the morning work out is very helpful to keep me motivated for the rest of the day.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do this....wake up, do bit of exercise (I don't do much) then walk the dog and then I am ready to get on with my day......If I don't do this I just will not do the exercise later in the day.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    It can be a little irritating on certain parts, but I like to go as soon as I get up.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Wake up
    Coffee
    Poop
    Gym
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, can't get motivated to exercise in the morning no matter how many times I set the alarm and try!

Me too. I start my work day early so I'd have to get up basically in the middle of the night to work out. No thanks! I work out as soon as I get home from work, and I work out at home so there's no excuses.