awww cute baby tyler!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Can I buy a vowel ?

Yes but not E cause that's mine
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    Since joining MFP I have observed that some of the topics seem a little confusing ( I am trying to be politically correct)
    It is not that I don't enjoy a bit of fun, but sometimes I stumble on such benign rubbish that I am left wondering
    Now don't get me wrong, I have found this site very useful especially the FOOD DIARY facility and I also enjoy a bit of banter with the EXPERTS even if they have letters before or after their names
    BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THE PERSON ABOVE YOU etc etc
    And do you really believe some of the topic
    I HAVE FOUND A LUMP ON MY BREAST
    DO YOU THINK ITS MUSCLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

^^^ Troll doesn't even know they are a troll ^^^
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Troll....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games board, some people post cheese pop goo and some people are just *kitten* . . . at least we know which one you are.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My take on this board is that it's primarily young people looking to flirt and have fun. So, at 46 and married I tend to stay away from those "person above you" threads.

If there's an interesting thread or I feel I can offer something (such as here) , I post

It's a big internet and there are other message boards
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i know I, for one, am stupid.

is there a followup question or is the survey over?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I live in the real world
    I dont have real friends on the internet as I would not know if they were REALLY lovely or even their gender
    But I do have some really good friends in the real world but sadly one of them passed away

The French Baseball and Softball Federation website says:
    “It is with huge sadness that we have learned about the death of Fleur Edgerton-Meyer, who passed away on the evening of 29 November at the age of 42, having struggled with courage and determination against breast cancer. Fleur was a marvellous teammate and coach with Paris BAT, and we share the sorrow of her husband, Josh, and her three young children.”

oh right because people we meet via the internet aren't actual real people. especially not the ones that I went to visit while on a cross-country adventure. nope, not real at all. and I wouldn't be at all devastated to find out one of them had passed on, because they aren't real. all just 1s and 0s, right?
    also, not really sure how knowing the gender of someone I have a chat with makes a difference as to whether or not they might be able to provide some insight, knowledge, understanding and/or compassion, but what do I know, I'm just an internet person. (oh wait, so are you!)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am going to assume that the subject line thing on this post is a question posed to yourself.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Oh, you upset because I rated you a 6..I is sorry
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I think "the person above you - Bacon version" was genius not stupid. But that is just my opinion. :tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822021-the-person-above-you-bacon-version
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    This topic has been locked. The OP was in violation of guideline #15 which states:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Secondly, the communities response to her at first was perfect, challenge the OP, but do NOT attack the OP. Then it derailed into a insult flinging mess. Keep in mind personal attacks and retaliatory attacks are also a guideline violation.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Thank you in advanced for your understanding.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.