BIG DEAL questions (please help)

Options
Do you eat your workout calories back?

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites?

Should i weigh myself every day?

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day?

Do i have to log everything?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    No

No

No

Maybe

Lumberjack
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    No, I do not eat back excercise calories

I eat both, however, if I have a whole egg, I limit it to 1...maybe 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg (something like that)

I hear it's not good to weigh yourself everyday; unfortunately, it's a "habit" for me so do what works for you :)

To my understanding, sometimes if you eat low calories all the time, something triggers in the body that you may be starving yourself (not sure how accurate this is) but I have found that if my "regimen/diet" is the "same", I hit a plateau and lose nothing but if I "switch it up" a lil, I see "loss". Try maybe 1000 calories one day, 1100 another day, 1000 the next, 1150 the next (etc.) and see what happens

You don't have to log everything but when I do log everything, I have a better "week" (as far as weigh loss and seeing what I'm doing right vs what I'm doing wrong plus it helps you to stay within your caloric intake)
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options

All my answers are purely my own opinion....

1. You operate on your set calorie defecit, MFP is set to put you at a certain deficit, if you're at -500/day then you're net calories should be -500, if not eating your calories sets you back -500 + -400 for excersize, you're at -900 now, that's fine, but it's not your target.. it's up to you...

2. Who cares, it's calories, figure out if you have enough to cover it. There is nothing unhealthy about a whole egg, it's just a lot more calories. I generally eat the whole egg as long as I have the calories budgeted for it. To me this is like asking if you eat the whole chicken breast...

3. I take 3 measurements every day weight, waist, BF%, Do you have to? no, but it's nice to have the data to look back on.

4. You can lose weight if you're eating under 1000 calories a day, problem is you're not. see question 5.

5. Yes you have to log absolutely everything, otherwise you will think you ate < 1000 calories a day but a log will show you had 3500, you're hurting no one but yourself.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't really track my workout calories but I eat a ton of food so let's assume I do

Always whole egg. Always. The good stuff is in the yolk

Once per week to weigh in is sufficient

Why are you only eating 1000? That's going to have a negative result. I tried it before. Gained weight.

If you don't log everything how do you know you're only eating 1000?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1349382629184_278802.png
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    497.jpg
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

Yes, they taste the yummiest

Gotta eat the bit with the baby bird in it or what is the point??

You should weigh in every 2.5 hours or you will gain the weight contained within your scale

'Cause the mites living in your belly nom 1000 calories a day and get fat, making you fat

No
  • scottyk2
    scottyk2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes-I usually burn 1000-1200 calories a day cycling 2 hours, so I must.
    Whole egg-But, I only eat a couple eggs a month
    No-I find it works better to weigh only once a week
    Starvation mode-If you are not logging everything, how do you know this?
    Yes-If you want to count calories you need to
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise calories, but many people do. You need to do a bit of trial and error and see what works for you.

I don't avoid egg yolks, and I certainly would hate to throw them out. I go for a scrambled egg mix of 1 whole egg, and a glug of egg white from a carton.

I weigh once a week. Any more than that could become obsessive, and since weight fluctuates so much I think it would drive me crazy.

1000 cals a day is very low. Unless you are really petite, it's unlikely to give your body all the nutrition it needs. One day now and again wont hurt, but every day over a period of time doesn't sound good.

I log most things. I know it's all estimates anyway, so I dont aim for 100% bang on the target numbers, but I have a fair idea of what's worth logging (a chcolate from the tin in the office) and what's not worth bothering about (the lettuce in my salad.)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

I don't eat all of them back unless I eat out.
    I eat the whole egg - yum
    I weigh myself everyday, but it's just habit
    Your starving your body at only 1000 cal/day...you should eat at least 1200. Go to fat2fitradio.com/tools/ to figure out what your daily calorie intake should be for you specifically.
    YES. log everything so you know where you need to make adjustments!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I can count to potato
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes, and have managed to lose weight just fine. But there are many who don't.

Yes.

No. Too many daily fluctuations like water weight, etc. Once a week is fine -- then you see real trends.

Your metabolism is likely slowed down trying to hold on to every calorie it can because there's not enough fuel.

When I'm over my weight range, even by an ounce,and want to lose weight, yes. Otherwise, you can't really have a good sense of what's going on. If I'm happily in maintenance, which is most of the time now, no.
  • braveryinallsheis
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back?- Not usually no, but it does make me feel better if I end up going over my limit that I still really didn't

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites?- Depends on what I'm doing, when I'm at a restaurant I'll have eggs just whites, but at home or with hardboiled eggs, I just have both.

Should i weigh myself every day?- No, it might really stress you out if you don't lose every single day. It really messes with your head.

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day?- Your body might be trying to hold onto every calorie its getting and keeping fat because it thinks you don't have enough food. 1000 isn't a good number, trust me, I've been far below it, just try to keep intake above 1000 (better 1200) and you should see slower, but steady results.

Do i have to log everything?- Log whatever you want to see honestly. If exercise isn't important don't log it. But if you want to really look at what you eat in a day, keep rtack of all food and drinks.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...

I try not to...

I eat both...the entire egg or egg whites....

No....I only weigh myself once a month and that works for me....

Are you exercising as well?

Yes....I log everything....you have to so you know exactly how many calories you are consuming during the day
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    - Yes, MFP works that way (net calories).

- Whole egg, it tastes better.

- I do but I don't over-react when weights fluctuates (it's supposed to!!). Do what's right for you.

- Why on earth would you eat so little unless you are 4'6"?

- If you want to count calories, yes.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Just break up.

hmmmmmm?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    hmmmmmm?

If he's cheating on you, he doesn't deserve you girl! Kick him to the curb. Just break up.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    hmmmmmm?

If he's cheating on you, he doesn't deserve you girl! Kick him to the curb. Just break up.

You know if you don't want to be helpful then go away with you.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Do I need to pull out insulting animated gifs?

20490.gif