New as of Tues. this week

vdpal
vdpal Posts: 64 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to this site....I really like it. This morning...I got really upset because I work out everyday..whether it be walking for 30-45 minutes...sit-ups..Tues..and ...Thurs..light weight workout. My weight went down a little and back up this morning. I know it is too early to see results, but before I found this fight I have been teetering back and forth with the same 1 or 2 lbs.
I have been eating dinner around 7:45pm. Is that what is keeping the weight from coming off?:cry::sad:

Replies

• vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, I am new to this site....I really like it. This morning...I got really upset because I work out everyday..whether it be walking for 30-45 minutes...sit-ups..Tues..and ...Thurs..light weight workout. My weight went down a little and back up this morning. I know it is too early to see results, but before I found this fight I have been teetering back and forth with the same 1 or 2 lbs.
    I have been eating dinner around 7:45pm. Is that what is keeping the weight from coming off?:cry::sad:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Welcome!!! :smile: My tip would be to get a tape measure and check your measurements, while you may not be losing by the scale, chances are you're losing inches...just hang in there!! :flowerforyou: vee
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Hi
    Weight loss takes time trust us we all know and have been in your shoes. IMO it doesn't matter what time you eat at night...I know there are so many suggestions out there and others on this site may believe differently...it is all good. But you need to do what works for you...I totally agree about the measurements...when I wasn't losing weight I was losing inches.....

Hang in there and goodluck..:smile:

dd
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    To quote an article I read recently about dieting myths (I don't remember which article exactly...)

"It's not when you eat, it's what you eat. Europeans eat their evening meal at 10:00pm and they are half the size of Americans."

I was worried about eating late because there was NO WAY I could be done eating by 6 or 7 (I work till 5 everyday!), but after reading that, I relaxed about it.

Definitely measure! And try mixing up your exercise some. Our bodies are very good at becoming efficient with the same movements and it won't burn as many calories. Keep up the good work and you'll see results!
  • #1 Fan
    #1 Fan Posts: 15
    vdpal ~

Welcome! I know it is irrisistable sometimes to not weight yourself. My suggestion is to only weigh yourself once a week. By doing it this way, I won't be upset with the daily fluctuations of my weight. Sooner or later, weighing yourself everyday will drive you crazy. Measuring is also a good way to go.

E
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!! Teetering weight happens all the time....I agree with taking measurements, and also try to only weigh yourself on one scale and only once a week!
This discussion has been closed.