New Year-New Attitude-New Me

Options
Jan 26, 2013 will mark the one year anniversary ! I have not smoked for one whole year. What an amazing accomplishment! I have removed all my crutches during this past year.No cigarettes, no alcohol, no cane and no hope of having a better past! Even though I have removed these crutches from my life I still consider myself a work in progress. You would think for a nurse this would be an easy task! It is not any easier for me than anyone else. Food is the one thing in my life that I cannot totally remove. So I struggle every day and try to make better food choices without resorting to eating things I do not enjoy.

I am constantly trying to find ways to motivate myself to get to the gym. Right now with ice on the road and the temperature in the 20's I just don't feel like driving. So I get out my workout DVD's and either Just Dance, Zumba or do aerobics! Leslie Sansone will help me "Walk Away the Pounds" and Richard Simmons is here to make me "Sweat to the Oldies." Jenny McCarthy on the Wii and Jillian Michaels will "Shred" me in 30 days. Cardio Striptease is one I can't seem to try but oh, hell ,why not?

The point is I have made some very drastic changes this year and I am very proud of myself. I am not seeking perfection and anyone who is is really fooling themselves! But with the support of my frinds and family I am a hell of a lot better physically and mentally than I have ever been. I am looking forward to the New Year with a zest and gusto for life that I have NEVER had! Happy New Year to everyone of the MFP members. May the New Year bring you the peace, hope and love you deserve!

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on everything.

I love your post. Thank you for sharing.

Namaste, Kristine
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My sentiments exactly, thank you for posting
  • devynmariee
    Options
    Congratulations! Right on :)
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a fantastic year you had!
  • naner61
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I hear ya! It is a challenge everyday, but so worth it when I can climb a flight of stairs or do a boot camp workout and still feel waaaay better than I ever used to! Keep up the great work!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You fabulous shero you....I'm proud of you and thanks so much for posting this inspirational and WOOT worthy post!!!!!! You Rock--love your attitude/spirit!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank- you!
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You have had a great year! Thanks for sharing that.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You have had a great year! Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks Mark!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Great post - Congrats to you on your successes.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You've come a very long way in under a year! Congratulations to you!
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Well said!! It's so important in life to remember to look forward into the future and knowing that we can change if we want to and you are doing it right now!!

Happy New year to you, add me if you would like another friend on mfp :tongue:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everything ,,, note to self must look up Cardio Striptease
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!