Not losing weight, please help - - very frustrated!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sdania
    Options
    I just calculated what I should be eating based on my activity as well as just regular TDEE. and WOW.... i didn't realize I am that low compared to what I should be.

Thank you everyone. i'll start today on this and see what happens. :)

one thing I don't understand is, why when I fill out the info on the goals page, it is telling me to have 1200 cal a day.
    my job is primarily a desk job. but I run around a lot in general even with that being said. what am I doing wrong with this??
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I just calculated what I should be eating based on my activity as well as just regular TDEE. and WOW.... i didn't realize I am that low compared to what I should be.

Thank you everyone. i'll start today on this and see what happens. :)

one thing I don't understand is, why when I fill out the info on the goals page, it is telling me to have 1200 cal a day.
    my job is primarily a desk job. but I run around a lot in general even with that being said. what am I doing wrong with this??

First, it tells you to eat 1200 calories because you inputted what you want to lose (probably 2 lbs a week) and you didn't include exercise in your TDEE. Since you do crazy exercise, set your account to 1/2 lb per week and make it moderate active and compare it against Dan's method. I bet they are close.

Also, just for fun, I posted what a women looks like at 140 lbs and 5'4. I bet you never thought a women can look that lean and mean?

Fuel your body or it will fuel itself. So if you are working out like crazy, you need to eat more calories, probably around 1800 and concentrate on pictures and inches rather than weight. If you care more about weight, you will end up like the before pictures in both links. If you concentrate on recomposition, then you have a chance at ending up like the after photos. More muscle = more weight = a tighter and leaner body.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat
  • sdania
    Options
    Thank you psulemon. After doing that it said 1350 cals a day.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Did you add in exercise or at least make it lightly active due to your lifestyle? That seems low still.
  • Oblivion13
    Options
    Its not that you are not losing weight, what it sounds like you are doing is turning the fat into muscle, which of course is going to cause you to stay the same weight because muscle weighs more that fat, So the leaner you get, the more muscle you will get.

[mod edit] <-- serves no relevance to this thread.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Its not that you are not losing weight, what it sounds like you are doing is turning the fat into muscle, which of course is going to cause you to stay the same weight because muscle weighs more that fat, So the leaner you get, the more muscle you will get.

alchemy!
    :laugh:
  • psuLemon
    Options

[mod edit] <-- serves no relevance to this thread.

Just bad advice.. Fat can NOT turn into muscle.
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    I bust my butt and don't lose either. I found out mine is a hormone imbalance. Your body doesn't get the estrogen it needs so because fat cells do make estrogen your body reprograms the fat to stay and make up the difference. I've started hormaone therapy to try to rebalance it all.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your calories by about 100 for about a week, then go another 100, and so on. I found that when I stopped losing, if I increased my calories, I'd start losing consistently again. Your body won't lose weight if you're not eating enough. It doesn't take much, an extra handful of nuts, a couple pieces of cheese.
  • sdania
    Options

Did you add in exercise or at least make it lightly active due to your lifestyle? That seems low still.

The 1350 is without any exercise. i made my daily active. And then I'll add exercise when I do it and try to eat a portion of those points as well. How's that?
  • psuLemon
    Options

The 1350 is without any exercise. i made my daily active. And then I'll add exercise when I do it and try to eat a portion of those points as well. How's that?

It works. I would suggest eating 50-75% of the exercise calories if MFP is calculating them. But you should set your account to lightly active because you are on your feet fairly often.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself and going crazy with the exercise... best way to sit and spin your wheels with no results.

Up your calories. Get good nutrition with plenty of protein.