Would like to buy a new sportswatch

Options
Or something...

I would like something that

- is a heartrate monitor
- tracks all my sporting activity
- is a pedometer

It would be great if it were a Nike watch because i am already tracking my run progress with a sportband.

but i am open to suggestions :)

Replies

• FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    or should i just buy a HRM?

any suggestions would be great :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Such a big question. There are loads of posts on this. Do searches for:
    Activity monitors: fitbit, Nike fuelband, STRIIV
    HRM for cardio exercise only; FT4 and FT7

Combined: Bodymedia Fit -also the new Basis

Lots of people user Fitbit for general activity and Polar FT4 for exercise.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Personally I have a Nike+ Sport watch, but it's only good for running (which is what I do) and not for general cardio.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    the watch version of HRM usually are not as accurate as the chest straps. though the latter are much more difficult to get used to. If you really want a good HRM, I would likely get the kind that has a chest strap. I still haven't seen a really good review for any of the watch band types.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Or something...

I would like something that

- is a heartrate monitor
    - tracks all my sporting activity
    - is a pedometer

It would be great if it were a Nike watch because i am already tracking my run progress with a sportband.

but i am open to suggestions :)

I use the Nike+ sport watch..it is superb for the GPS/mapping but terrible for everything else..in fact you can only use it for running and no other activity. It does have a HRM strap as an optional, but the watch only uses the HRM for HR ONLY..no calories burnt etc..so id say avoid the nike+ sportwatch if you want to do more than just running...but those GPS maps are just so lovely...

the garmin forerunner is pretty decent but the maps are simply HIDEOUS..it's appalling they can even call a grey squiggle on a yellow background a 'map'.

the polar brand HRM seems to be the mfp HRM of choice, but recent posts on here have suggested that it is wildly inaccurate.

A fitbit/fuelband are NOT ACCURATE measures of cardio activity....and not a replacement for a good quality HRM
  • jaz050465
    Options
    The new Basis is supposed to!
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    Thanks! I have a nike+ sportband right now, it simply tells me how many miles i have done and how many calories i have done... I really like it but really i would love something that i can use whilst belly dancing to see how much i am burning for those exercises and i must admit ti would be nice to know how much i am burning through the day s but not essencial

the reason i havent gone straight for a FitBit is because i really want a HRM as a primary function.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    The new Basis is supposed to!

Sounds absolutely perfect :)

Shame it hasnt been released yet, but for something perfect I think i can wait :)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Google it for more info.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    Google it for more info.

Funnily enough, thats what i did yesterday? Otherwise how would i know it sounded perfect and hand't been released yet?