Does using the wieght machines...

Options
not burn calories?

Today was the first day the the arm machine didn't completely kick my butt, I have no arm strength and have been slowly trying to build it up, so if i'm building muscle there and losing the flab isn't that burning calories or is it so insignificant that it really does't matter.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    enter in strength training under the cardio section for cals burned.
  • rach89652
    Options
    Hi!

My trainer explained it to me like this: Your body burns so many calories at rest. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body will burn at rest. So, you dont really "burn" that many calories while you are doing it but the outcome of calories burned in the end is where it makes the difference!

I hope that helps!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It doesn't give you calories burned. I work out 3x a week for strength training and it does not calculate it.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    not burn calories?

Today was the first day the the arm machine didn't completely kick my butt, I have no arm strength and have been slowly trying to build it up, so if i'm building muscle there and losing the flab isn't that burning calories or is it so insignificant that it really does't matter.

If you are burning calories in your sleep then using the arm machine is burning calories. I think it is significant no matter if you are lifting 10 lbs at a time of 100 lbs at a time. I just think of course the amount of significance comes in at how much you are lifting during your reps. You don't have to necessarily feel burn at the time for it to be significant.

I did squats and lunges the other day at home with 5 lb weights at my sides during the squats and lunges and as I was doing it, I was thinking to myself..."what a waste of time, this is so easy, I am not even breaking a sweat, this doesnt hurt, I don't get it" but when I woke up the next morning - I can barely walk because I was so sore. Our bodies are amazing!