DARN

Options
Darn Girl Scout cookies...the lemonades are so yummy. broke down and bought a box today, along with a box of thin mints And Merry go rounds. But the Merry go rounds are 100 calories packs.. ( a little better....i know not really)

I stick with DARN GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

Replies

• rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Mmmmm frozen Samoa's....
    Darn them cute lil girls in green.....
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Darn Girl Scout cookies...the lemonades are so yummy. broke down and bought a box today, along with a box of thin mints And Merry go rounds. But the Merry go rounds are 100 calories packs.. ( a little better....i know not really)

LOL! buy them and give them to the kids after you have eaten 1... Or send them to school to give your kids teacher :devil:
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I paid for a box and told them to keep the cookies.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've posted this on another GS cookie thread....donate them. Many GS troops are doing comunnity service projects with them. My local troop send them over seas to the soldiers (It's a win-win-the girls get the money and the badges, the guys/gals over seas get a treat from home, and I don't cram myself full of Thin Mints).
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    lol lol i just ate 4! of the lemonades. i am gonna have to do a extra workout after my PT leaves this afternoon. lol

i dont want to take them home and have them there. i need to put them in someone else's cube here at work, that way i have to go get it if i really want it. then i can have them hide them lol
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Are you crazy, Woman! Those things are irresistable! :tongue:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I especially hate it when the Brownies wrestle me down and shove the cookies in my mouth. I don't want to eat those trefoils,,, but the little girls, they make me!

There are just too many of them. :bigsmile:
  • dogmeat
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies are laced with meth and heroin or something equally addictive. I will not let a box enter my house ever again. They're my weakness, like kryptonite to superman (or colour red to Dave Speed). I have no issues giving up other sweet things, but if I see a box of the lemon-flavoured crack I will eat it. All. Even the bloody box itself.
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    I hear you, and sympathize greatly.

See -- I'm a troop leader, as well as our troop's cookie manager. I have about 50-80 cases of cookies in my house at any time! :laugh: :laugh:

I concur with what others have said here .... supporting Girl Scouting is the primary goal, not to derail your healthy eating habits! Our troop collects donations to purchase cookies for soldiers overseas as well as our local food pantry, or some purchase the cookies & give them to us to pass along!

And from a personal perspective, if you really need the cookies, here are a few suggestions ...

Buy Shortbreads/Trefoils. They are just sweet enough without being overpowering and you get 4 in a serving (versus two in the others), making it seem like a better snack. (120 cal, 4.5 g fat for 4 cookies equals 2 WW points, I believe).

Freeze them. The cookies will take longer to eat and will seem more satisfying.

Only open a box when you have company over -- that way you'll be more likely to finish the box & will have less temptation.

As for the Daisy Go Rounds, while I think they're an okay cookie, I wish there were more packs in a box. They just don't seem like as good a deal to me as the shortbreads.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL!!! Thanks for the laughs guys.

I saw tagalong ice cream yesterday in the supermarket and I thought I would die of joy! Then I remembered I couldn't eat it. :sad:
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Just be glad you are not a troop leader - I have at least 25 cases of cookies left in my dining room and trying to sell them. I have limited myself to eating only one cookie at a time. So far so good. Thin mints are my weakness but they freeze well.

We are also sending some to troops and/or giving to charity.
  • rmccully
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies are laced with meth and heroin or something equally addictive. I will not let a box enter my house ever again. They're my weakness, like kryptonite to superman (or colour red to Dave Speed). I have no issues giving up other sweet things, but if I see a box of the lemon-flavoured crack I will eat it. All. Even the bloody box itself.

for real i know it is crazy. I did really good for a long time but a lady here at work has boxes of extras!!! so i see them. i did fine when it was just the order form sitting in the break room. i didn't care about that.

Theses Lemonades are great! They remind me of when i was growing up we would go to the store and get the lemon cookies (once in a while not all the time) i would take those cookies dip them in milk so that half was soft from the milk and the other half was hard and eat it at the same time. it was so good.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    What's worse is when Dairy Queen makes them into a Blizzard! OMG! I love both the Tagalong and Thin Mint Blizzard.

SOOOOOOO craving right now.

I didn't get my boxes yet. But I gave them up for Lent, so in my bf's Freezer they will go so I don't touch them 'til Easter.
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Though I have to admit that Edy's Samoa Light ice cream isn't all that bad!

Good thing I gave up sweets & fast food for lent .. no more cookies or ice cream for me!!
  • rmccully
    Options
    yes that icecream is Awsome!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I stopped buy GS cookies a few years ago BEFORE I started losing weight. I'd buy boxes and the would sit uneaten in the pantry or freezer until I got sick of looking at the boxes and threw them out. I guess I should be thankful about my lack of interest. Now, the BS and their popcorn are a much, much different story. :laugh:
  • rmccully
    Options
    How is everyone doing with there GS COOKIES today? I am much better
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    if you guys dont like waiting for your yearly thin mints buy keebler grasshopper cookies or murray sugar free chocolate mint thins. the murray ones are like 150kcal for 4 cookies or something
  • rmccully
    Options
    if you guys dont like waiting for your yearly thin mints buy keebler grasshopper cookies or murray sugar free chocolate mint thins. the murray ones are like 150kcal for 4 cookies or something

I love grasshopper cookies but i have not seen them around in a while. but i dont buy the stuff at the store. it was the fact that something crunchy sounded good and a lady here at work had boxes of GS cookies in her cube when i was there to ask a question. i caved but I am all better today
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I paid for a box and told them to keep the cookies.

that takes alot of will power!

congrats

lol