weight loss with just dance?

Options
Anybody has lost weight exercising at just dance 2/3 ? (just sweat)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Most of your weight loss will come from your food intake. Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym. It's great to get moving but the calories burned with exercise like Just Dance aren't enough to do anything unless you're watching your calories too.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I play just dance 3 and 4. its fantastic fun and definitly compliments a healthy diet. and its good way to excercise in the winter.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I get calorie burns from Just Dance, yes. I wear a HRM during the dances and usually burn around 200 calories for a half hour or so.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I play with my daughters all the time! Great way to get the heart pumping!
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i love just dance as an addition to my workouts and diet, it's fun and i sweat, keeps me moving instead of sitting on my butt watching tv.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    you will lose weight in a calorie deficit.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you will lose weight in a calorie deficit.

whether you exercise or not.

True story!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance. I play it practically everytime I can't make it to the gym, which is like several times a week. I have lost weight doing this, and by the end of the workout I come out hot and sweaty.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM and include it in my calories burned. However, I agree that you have to eat well and REALLy dance it out to lose the weight.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Doing ANY kind of exercise to burn calories is going to help create more of a deficit for you and lead to weight loss - doesn't matter if it is Just Dance, Zumba for the WII or running around your house like a lunatic.
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight doing it, if you do it right. You have to give yourself a very good workout and keep your heart rate up, also you have to start eating right. If you eat a bunch of junk food and don't watch carbs and calories then your workout will be irrelevant.... anything that keeps you moving (other than eating and changing the channel :) will help you loose weight.
    read this awesome post on dancing and weight loss http://www.medhealthreports.com/have-fun-and-stay-fit-dancing-as-exercise.html