24200156.jpg

now now dear.....
    Eat your veggies.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Step one... Walk to nearest mirror
    Step two... Look in mirror and ask yourself what it is you want
    Step three... sit down and write out all the steps to get there.

Edited

Step three... Take pictures! A step I wish I would have included in my journey.
    Step four... sit down and write out all the steps to get there.

Oh my gosh, yes. I'm still kicking myself for avoiding the camera at my heaviest weight. In the couple of pictures I do have, I'm sitting down with stuff covering my lap or hiding behind someone. I didn't start taking progress pictures until I'd lost 15 pounds.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You are so wise.

last time I did it the guy in the mirror made fun of my haircut.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You are so wise.

Dude, mullets are totally hot and coming back.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

Edited

Step three... Take pictures! A step I wish I would have included in my journey.
    Step four... sit down and write out all the steps to get there.

Oh my gosh, yes. I'm still kicking myself for avoiding the camera at my heaviest weight. In the couple of pictures I do have, I'm sitting down with stuff covering my lap or hiding behind someone. I didn't start taking progress pictures until I'd lost 15 pounds.

I have ONE before picture that was taken while on vacation and don't have a single DURING picture. I love seeing the success stories that share their journey with multiple pictures.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Follow these steps carefully. Do not tell anybody else. Do not ask them about their opinion. It's irrelevant. I don't care if it's your boyfriend, girlfriend, cat, dog, mom, goldfish, stuffed aardvark. They cannot give you what you need.

MFP friends may cheer you on as may all the objects mentioned at beginning of my OP, but the fact is if you don't have the fire and the desire yourself you won't succeed. You and you alone need to motivate yourself. This is the difference between those with results and those who make excuses.

*Step 2.5... jiggle boobies a little
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You and you alone need to motivate yourself. This is the difference between those with results and those who make excuses.

I agree with most of this except the above. I really do need the motivation of my friends here. Sometimes I'm ready to go home, drink a glass of wine and do nothing. I can put a shout out for motivation and my friends will give me that push to go work out. Some days I really do need outside motivation.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    This post is not motivating me to lose my weight im going to start a thread to complain about it!!!!

:laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You're a bully. I can't look in a mirror because I've got eyeball bifida and you don't know what it's like to live with a controlling mom!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Follow these steps carefully. Do not tell anybody else. Do not ask them about their opinion. It's irrelevant. I don't care if it's your boyfriend, girlfriend, cat, dog, mom, goldfish, stuffed aardvark. They cannot give you what you need.

MFP friends may cheer you on as may all the objects mentioned at beginning of my OP, but the fact is if you don't have the fire and the desire yourself you won't succeed. You and you alone need to motivate yourself. This is the difference between those with results and those who make excuses.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You are saying I should STOP asking goldfish?
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later and often! THANK YOU! SOOOOO true!!!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LOVE this. So many people want and cry for motivation and support from others, we can only help so much. If you don't have the will and desire within yourself, we cannot help you.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Step One: Join MFP
    Step Two:
    Step Three: Profit

Ah yeah!

UnderpantsGnomesPlan.jpg

image.png
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great post!:flowerforyou:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

The only thing holding me back is keeping the police from arresting me until the robbery statute has expired.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    LOVE this. So many people want and cry for motivation and support from others, we can only help so much. If you don't have the will and desire within yourself, we cannot help you.

wait you cant help me?
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

So you got rid of the haircut?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Goal setting, do it often. Take pictures too. You will want to see where you came from.