Loosing Weight by Next Christmas

Options
My name is Joannes. I am 43 and need to loose about 100 pounds. I would like to loose atleast 60lbs by Christmas 2013...wish me luck.

Replies

• brattieangel
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it!
  • getskinnymissy
    getskinnymissy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Stay strong! You can do it!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It's not luck you need. Its dedication, hard work, and the desire to be healthier. Keep those in mind and you'll be sussessful.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    good luck...20% of your TDEE should probably do it.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It's not luck you need. Its dedication, hard work, and the desire to be healthier. Keep those in mind and you'll be successful.

This is truth!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My name is Joannes. I am 43 and need to loose about 100 pounds. I would like to loose atleast 60lbs by Christmas 2013...wish me luck.
    Set realistic goals. It took me nearly 2 years to lose 100 pounds.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    60 by next year this time? yup, you got this! absolutely doable.
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    Shoot in a year you probably can lose all the weight you want .. just be dedicated and do not lose focus on your goal.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Welcome Joannes! Your goal of losing 60 lbs is do-able, provided you keep on keeping on with the diet. I've lost 58 lbs since February. You'll find MFP is an invaluable help in tracking your food and exercise/ activity to keep you on the right path to a healthier lifestyle. You CAN do this - and be at your goal by Christmas 2014, or probably before.

"The longest journey starts with a single step" and all you have to do is the best you can manage, every day. And when you make a mistake, or eat more than you meant to, forgive yourself and just keep on.