Indoor winter workouts

Options
I typically use the student center at the college in town to work out, but it has limited hours this week (during which I am sleeping or at work) and it's completely closed next week. I CANNOT for the life of me lose weight on diet alone, but exercise is essential to me. I am going to Florida in about 3 weeks, and I want to stay on track while my gym is closed. Its too cold and gets dark too early to do things outside, plus I have a bad knee, so I don't run, just elliptical. Can anybody give me good workouts to do at home? I have a few small weights, I may have a resistance band somewhere, and I do have Netflix for workout videos, however my living room is TINY. My entire house is pretty small. I do have stairs that I run up and down sometimes, but I can't just do that for hours on end, I'm looking to mix it up. Any advice/good workouts for smallish indoor spaces? Please and thank you!

Replies

• lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bumping for Help please!
  • 23SVM88
    Options
    Have you ever tried Jillian Micheal's 30 Day shred?? I believe you can get the full workouts off of youtube, you don't need a whole lot of space for those.

I have a Wii and a Wii fit board, I do step aerobics on that, for me it's easier if I turn my tv on to a good half hour show and then just step on and off the board, even if you don't have the board, if you have something that isn't very tall you could just step off and on for 30 minutes.

On second thought, just looked at your post, the 30 day shred might not be good if you have a bad knee...
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii and a Wii fit board, I do step aerobics on that, for me it's easier if I turn my tv on to a good half hour show and then just step on and off the board, even if you don't have the board, if you have something that isn't very tall you could just step off and on for 30 minutes.

Haha I have a Wii Fit Plus and board, but I hate using it because I feel like it verbally abuses me. Somehow making my Mii really fat when I weigh in and saying "Ow" when I step on the board isn't motivating... hmmm... wonder why... lol
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I swear by Jillian Michaels. I'm in college right now, and my university's gym hours are way off. Plus, my schedule is so busy that I can rarely make it to the gym.

I did 30 Day Shred and saw amazing results. I'm now doing Six Week Six Pack, and it's a butt-kicker. 30DS takes only 25 minutes out of your day while SWSP takes 35. Highly recommended. For 30DS, you need two hand weights (five pound is recommended). For SWSP, you need one hand weight (again, five pound). A floor at for both is recommended if you don't have carpet.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou: