Satisfying that sweet tooth

Options
How do you do it?! When that chocolate or candy craving comes in, what do you eat to satisfy it but stay on track?!
I'm horrible about eating cupcakes and stuff like that... I need healthy craving ideas!

Kelsey, 21
5'2"
CW 137.6
GW 110

Replies

• jessicamc90
    jessicamc90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a hot choc :) Like the 40 cals one and they help me! :)
  • annretzlaff
    annretzlaff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    look for "arctic zero" ice cream, 150cals in the whole pint!! Many flavors, choc, mint choc, peanut butt. choc and Vanilla. on their website they have the loist or retailers that you can go to..helps my sweet tooth when fruit and diet soda dont cut it!!:) good luck!!
  • MrsThomason33
    MrsThomason33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love cake and pastries, but I have come to realize that the only way for me not to eat them (I have NO willpower) is to never even bring them into the house. I keep a chocolate bar in the freezer for temptations. I have to pull it out and let it thaw some before eating it. This gives me time to think about if I actually want to use up my calories on it or not.
  • KelseyWood91
    Options
    look for "arctic zero" ice cream, 150cals in the whole pint!! Many flavors, choc, mint choc, peanut butt. choc and Vanilla. on their website they have the loist or retailers that you can go to..helps my sweet tooth when fruit and diet soda dont cut it!!:) good luck!!

Thank you for showing me this! Truly amazing :)
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Check out my Pinterest page, I have a whole board dedicated to "healthy" desserts. Here's my link:
    http://pinterest.com/goeke8/a-better-me-desserts/

Also, I LOVE Choolate Covered Kaie's blog. She is amazing, I have yet to make something that was not delicious. Here's her link:
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I just eat it, either a whole serving or just half, otherwise my brain will get on its hamster wheel and chase after the craving. Brain + hamster wheel = binge.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I eat Jello sugar free chocolate pudding and that keeps me satisfied a while
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I'm craving but just a little bit (like 3 squares of a chocolate bar instead of the whole thing.) Craving solved.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Often, I exercise portion control in the PURCHASING stage, not the CRAVING stage. So I buy the Dove chocolates and the little single-serving ice creams. They're more expensive than buying in bulk, but I have a way of convincing myself that an overflowing bowl constitutes a "little" ice cream.

As far as some healthy alternatives, my favorite healthy dessert is pear slices dipped in honey-flavored Greek yogurt. IT'S DELICIOUS!!! :love:
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 calorie pack of the cocoa roast emerald almonds, or a diet hot chocolate. Swiss Mix makes one that is 26 calories.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like the frozen banana 'ice-cream'. There's recipes for it all over the internet - summary: slice up two bananas and freeze them for 1-2 hours, then blend.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If it's a special occasion, I have whatever the item is and enjoy it. If it's a regular old day and I can't stop the craving, I will usually have a couple squares of dark chocolate or a chocolate protein smoothie made thick and creamy like a milkshake.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Thank you for showing me this! Truly amazing :)

NO! Don't do it, this is a trick. lol. Seriously, not only is that stuff expensive as all get out ($5 for a pint...really dude), but it's gross. I say if you have a craving, forget all this "diet food". Opt for the real deal, as long as it fits in your goals for the day.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Frozen triple berry mix with a spoonful of sour cream, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, Luigi's Italian Ice, peanut butter toast :)
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    I try not to deprive myself. My motto is "No deprivation just modification." So if you want chocolate try the following:

No Pudge Brownies (So good and chocolaty) no fat and only 120 calories for a nice size brownie

Fiber One Brownies 90 calories

Kudos snicker granola bars (these little suckers taste JUST like Snicker bars) only 90 calories

VitaBrownie only 100 calories

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches like 140 calories

Fudgsicles I think they are about 50 calories

I've learned that if/when I get a craving to eat a lower calorie substitute for that item. Personally an apple is not going to work for me when I crave chocolate :laugh: However if an apple drizzle with Sugar free chocolate syrup works for you...great! Me...it's just not going to work :)
  • Seaduck79
    Seaduck79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go for quality over quantity. Like one or two Dove chocolates, or a square of a nice Lindt or Ghirardelli gourmet bar that you can savor instead of a pack of M&Ms.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options

FYI: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2191036/How-diet-ice-cream-68per-cent-calories-think-The-skinny-frozen-dessert-label-lies.html

(Not that we usualy trust Daily Fail articles...)