Calorie intake.

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm having a really hard time reaching my calorie intake--it's about 1,250 or something like that, currently being 1,313 because of my exercise--because basically none of what I've eaten has many calories. I had 2 fried egg whites and a tangerine for breakfast. Chocolate milk for extra measure because I knew that my meal was low-cal(and it tastes good:]) And for lunch I had a garden salad, which I didn't finish. More chocolate milk. Having spaghetti for dinner so I logged that, and my calories are still so far under right now. I even ate two cookies to up my calories!
I'm at like 650, so about half of what I need. I think I'm gonna go eat a sandwich because I am a tad hungry right now, but that's still not even close to enough...
What do, MFP? ;A;

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Higher calorie snacks and meals will help you. Add cheese to your eggs, or cook your food in EVOO. You can also add some whey protein to your milk and add nuts or avocado to your dishes. Or my personal favorite, go to town on a jar of peanut butter.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    A slice of toast spread with peanut butter, a glass of milk or fruit juice, and a piece of cheese.

Why did you only have egg whites rather than the whole egg?
  • A slice of toast spread with peanut butter, a glass of milk or fruit juice, and a piece of cheese.

Why did you only have egg whites rather than the whole egg?

I'm not a huge fan of egg yolk. It's pretty nasty to me. >.>;;

Anyways, I've got it under control. c: I fixed my spaghetti calories and ate a sandwich. 104 calories under now, I'm good to go.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Alright, so here's the deal. I'm having a really hard time reaching my calorie intake--it's about 1,250 or something like that, currently being 1,313 because of my exercise--because basically none of what I've eaten has many calories. I had 2 fried egg whites and a tangerine for breakfast. Chocolate milk for extra measure because I knew that my meal was low-cal(and it tastes good:]) And for lunch I had a garden salad, which I didn't finish. More chocolate milk. Having spaghetti for dinner so I logged that, and my calories are still so far under right now. I even ate two cookies to up my calories!
    I'm at like 650, so about half of what I need. I think I'm gonna go eat a sandwich because I am a tad hungry right now, but that's still not even close to enough...
    What do, MFP? ;A;

I don't think you're counting accurately. There is no way I can get all the food you've listed here to total only 650. Eggs are a 100 each. Tangerine, maybe 40, chocolate milk 100, (x2, you had it twice), Salad, maybe 100 with dressing, could be WAY more, two cookies, depending on size 50-150 (or more) and spaghetti...?...maybe 200-400? That's 790-1090, and I was being conservative.
  • Alright, so here's the deal. I'm having a really hard time reaching my calorie intake--it's about 1,250 or something like that, currently being 1,313 because of my exercise--because basically none of what I've eaten has many calories. I had 2 fried egg whites and a tangerine for breakfast. Chocolate milk for extra measure because I knew that my meal was low-cal(and it tastes good:]) And for lunch I had a garden salad, which I didn't finish. More chocolate milk. Having spaghetti for dinner so I logged that, and my calories are still so far under right now. I even ate two cookies to up my calories!
    What do, MFP? ;A;

I don't think you're counting accurately. There is no way I can get all the food you've listed here to total only 650. Eggs are a 100 each. Tangerine, maybe 40, chocolate milk 100, (x2, you had it twice), Salad, maybe 100 with dressing, could be WAY more, two cookies, depending on size 50-150 (or more) and spaghetti...?...maybe 200-400? That's 790-1090, and I was being conservative.

You were right about the egg whites--I logged it wrong, but it still was only 160. The tangerine was right, chocolate milk was 300 for the day, I didn't eat much of the salad I had and I don't eat dressing. Cookies were 69 each, the spaghetti I logged was at 350, but I didn't log that 'til after the post. So it's somewhere around 650, I'm too lazy to go back and count right now because I logged everything else.
    But, like I said, I've got it under control. Thanks for the input though, the egg thing saved me. xD
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Protien drinks, add calories, easy to drink down, can taste like chocolate milk or milkshake. Adds lots of protien and other nutrients
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    I have the same problem. I can't reach my goal, I tend to eat around half it per day lately. To boost it a little to avoid 'starvation', I try to eat things with higher nutritional value but that are small in quantity so I don't feel like I'm force feeding myself. My favourites are granola bars, banana's and other fruit.
  • I used to have that problem when I ate more organic and vegetarian foods. Solution, other than logging and realizing how little I was eating, FATS FATS FATS.. yummy nutritious healthy fats. :) Oh and my hair thank me too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Have a glass of orange juice and some toast with butter. 500 calories.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Increase your egg whites. I have at least 12 egg whites for meal 1.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member

Holy crap. I love eggs, wouldn't know what to do with 12 egg whites. I'm impressed.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member

Holy crap. I love eggs, wouldn't know what to do with 12 egg whites. I'm impressed.

There's this product at my supermarket called 100% Simply Egg Whites or something. There's about 56g protein from the entire carton of 16 egg whites. So getting about 42g protein from the 12 egg whites I get from the carton, I forget how much I measure out in cups. Makes it a lot easier then separating 12 egg whites from their yolks.
  • Shoover47
    Shoover47 Posts: 1 Member
    Did you log, pasta, meat, sauce, seperatley'' to get an accurate calculation:smile: