Hello - new to the site

Options
Hello Everyone. My name is Debbie, I am 46 and I am "Today" new to this site. My hopes are to be able to lose upwards of 40 lbs and to get myself as healthy as possible. I hope to meet some new friends that have the same desire to lose weight. It is always nice to have some extra encouragement or to be able to give some. Eating healthy and excercise can be a lonely place.

Replies

• jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You'll meet a ton of very supportive folks here. It's amazing how wonderful everyone is!

You can do it! We're rooting for you!
  • megzzwins
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! You are going to love it!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HELLO AND WELCOME ,YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE THIS IS A GREAT SITE,I HAVE THE DESIRE TO LOSE I STARTED BACK HERE THIS WEEK, TRACKING AND WORKING OUT SO FAR SO GOOD.I HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT ALREADY BY FOLLOWING THE PLAN.WELL GOOD LUCK.MY NAME IS HOLLY
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome this site is wonderful!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thanks for the support Holly and good luck to you as well. It is a hard endeavor, but when we feel better......WE FEEL BETTER:)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thanks Jen! I guess when we get too comfortable in general, we tend to lose site of our health, appearance, etc. I have sudh a wonderful loving husband, the only problem is that he loves me fat or thin. He is however gently trying to help me with this weight for my health sake. 46 is still young and I feel as though I was an old woman. I hope that you too have a wonderful sucess with your eating and excercise plan. I tend to follow closer to the weight watchers plan as You can have real food and once you learn the point system it is fairly easy from there. My biggest downfall is chocolate.......... How bout you?
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thank you Holly and good luck to you as well.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Hi Blondie, thanks for the info. Some of these sites just don't work.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thank you.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's so funny that you say that about your husband. I have an on going (hopefully not for much longer) joke that he is the reason I'm fat because he just loves me unconditionally and tells me I'm perfect no matter what.

46 is very young and you will feel that very soon. It's amazing how quick energy comes when you start working out. You get very pumped up and can't wait to do it again!

I don't diet, I'm just starting to pay more attention to what I put in my mouth. My biggest downfall, going out to eat with my girlfriends and pizza. I'm actually giving up both of those for lent. I'm not a practicing Catholic but I do give up something for lent every year.