Wii Fit Plus

Options
I was wondering if anyone had used/currently use the Wii Fit Plus for the bulk of their exercise.

Are you finding success with it?

Which programs do you like to use and recommend?

Thank you!

Replies

• SuzanneK72
    Options
    Really? :smile:

No one uses Wii FIt?
  • jennylee813
    jennylee813 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used it briefly when it came out first, but it never made up the bulk of my exercise program. I enjoyed the stepping program, the boxing was great, and the yoga was pretty good as well.

I've used dvd's far more and with greater success, but Wii is an effective tool, especially as a stepping stone. I like how it tracks progress and relates it to your goal.

Good luck!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I used it at the start of my weight loss. I used to do about an hour, did the rhythm kung fu for warm up, rhythm boxing on the 3 levels, hula hoop, then rhythm boxing on the 3 levels again and rhythm kung fu for cool down.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just bought it off Amazon.com Monday and it is supposed to be delivered today. I do alot of dvd exercising and starting to go to Planet Fitness in Jan. 2013 but always wanted the wii fit plus too. I think it can help but as with most things it is what you put into it that gives you results. I think it is a good starting point but when you need to burn more cals it might not be enough once your body gets used to it just like any exercise program.
  • tusijode
    Options
    I just got a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and since I am morbidly obese I plan to use it as my main exercise, I started using it tonight and plan to use it for 6 months at least 3 times per week. I will let you know how it goes. Unless you want to buddy up with me and we see what happens together...lol. I am sending you a friend request. Thanks and good luck to us both!
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been using Wii Fit for over a couple of years now! Its okay I guess but not really a "hardcore" workout experience. Its also really fun you get to play a lot of entertaining games, but it gets boring after a while aha, but its still fun. I do it right after my crazy exercise lol. If you do an hour workout you burn at least 200 calories which is pretty good. I didn't quiet loose weight with it though..BUT its really fun though(:
  • cfmay
    cfmay Posts: 19
    Options
    I like to use it to "get started" or if it's cold or rainy out. It's better than nothing. It's almost like I start with the Wii Fit and then use that to motivate me to "beef up" my workouts as time goes on. I think you'll like it. It's fun. Better than nothing.
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I got a wii fit for Christmas so I plan on using it in a few days so I hope its fun and I am sure it will be better than using nothing I hope so anyway!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I bought one for my mom and she loves playing on it (in her 60's). She enjoys the yoga poses and the balancing games. She also has the additional "step" and likes to step while watching TV. She has a very physically demanding job, so she's not looking for a demanding exercise regimen.

I use mine occasionally. I like the boxing. I prefer to get outside and walk the dog.
  • liquidpete24
    Options
    I had one for awhile but eventually it wasn't tough enough for me. It's a good compliment to other things, like doing the 2,000 steps or the running in place thing. The Yoga wasn't satisfying to me.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use mine mainly as a scale. I really like how it helps keep track of your weight goals.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm using my Wii Fit at the moment. I'm struggling to get out the house and currently have insomnia so it's ideal for me.
    I've found a website that has pre set routines for weight loss, strength, endurance etc, set at easy, medium or hard level and for either 15, 30, 45 or 60minute workouts so you don't have to stand there and spend ages choosing what to do next.
    It's only been 3 days but according to the wii fit scale I've lost 1lb. I'm also doing my calorie control here on MFP so together it should work.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've used it! I like the fun games like hula hooping
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I did free step aerobics with mine. I used the counter for steps and time. I purchased the riser to increase it to a 8" high step. That and a stationary bike were my main sources of cardio.
  • ElyBri
    ElyBri Posts: 2
    Options
    Hula-Hoop, Rhythmic Boxing, and Yoga are my favorites on Wii Fit Plus! Zumba for the Wii makes up the bulk of my program though.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm using it on days when I don't otherwise workout.
    I do a little from each section and I've made a "favorite" workout so I don't have to pick each exercise one at a time.
    I wish I could select a "favorite" games list too.
    I sometimes do some light weights afterwards 'cos I feel it is mainly lacking there.
    (lifting heavy I leave for the gym)

Love the snowball fight and the step plus.
    also the penguin fishing
  • teacherbell
    teacherbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm using my Wii Fit at the moment. I'm struggling to get out the house and currently have insomnia so it's ideal for me.
    I've found a website that has pre set routines for weight loss, strength, endurance etc, set at easy, medium or hard level and for either 15, 30, 45 or 60minute workouts so you don't have to stand there and spend ages choosing what to do next.
    It's only been 3 days but according to the wii fit scale I've lost 1lb. I'm also doing my calorie control here on MFP so together it should work.

Can you share the website?
  • CraigR901
    Options
    I use wii fit every other day. I has helped me alot!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I use it more for fun than real exercise. Now that I can walk better I go to the gym or do the weight watchers workout DVD. I also like the Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD's.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit for active fun with the kids during the winter months - they get a video game fix and I get to feel a little better about it knowing that at least they aren't vegging out.