Does anyone have tips for my two week vacation?

Options
Hello! I am about two go on a two week vacation for my spring break.

I have been exercising, living like a healthy lil' lady, now for 2 months and have lost 16 lbs. I want to keep the big goal going.

I am staying with friends and have already purchased guest passes to the gyms by their homes. I also intend to go grocery shopping to avoiding eating out frequently. I packed my calorie counter dictionary, (a small book that has the number of calories in every food. This is if have no access to MFP while on the trip) and a notebook to record all intake and exercise.

If I stay on track I should return to Chicago at 122 in two weeks.

BUT....I am still afraid of slipping up.

Any suggestions for staying on track while on vacation? Have I missed anything??

Replies

• gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Hello! I am about two go on a two week vacation for my spring break.

I have been exercising, living like a healthy lil' lady, now for 2 months and have lost 16 lbs. I want to keep the big goal going.

I am staying with friends and have already purchased guest passes to the gyms by their homes. I also intend to go grocery shopping to avoiding eating out frequently. I packed my calorie counter dictionary, (a small book that has the number of calories in every food. This is if have no access to MFP while on the trip) and a notebook to record all intake and exercise.

If I stay on track I should return to Chicago at 122 in two weeks.

BUT....I am still afraid of slipping up.

Any suggestions for staying on track while on vacation? Have I missed anything??
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a vacation three pounds heavier but guess what, I had a great time, and didn't look at it as slipping up. I still feel great and guess what, as of today (I came back on Monday) I'm back to where I was when I started and feel like I got my ya ya's out, didn't deprive myself, and thus I can be content to know I'm in it for the long haul !! THAT SAID, the one thing I had in my mind the whole time was portion control. That's a good way to eat out and get whatever you want ... and just take the rest home or share it with a friend !! Have fun and good luck.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    have fun but stay focused and keep your eye on the goal you can go out to eat but just make the healthier choice from the menu. Have a great time :happy:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    drink lots of bottled water -- especially in between cocktails if you're having them. helps to cut back on a bunch of extra calories without totally giving up the party.

have a great trip!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I say have some meals for yourself - just to enjoy and have some meals healthier. Exercise - lots of different things to do while on vacation. Take advantage of sightseeing on foot, window shopping, walking tours etc. and enjoy!!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky; have a great time! I just got back from a one week vacation a few weeks ago and I decided to make my goal to just maintain while I was gone and I did it. Hey, it is vacation after all. I also ate good all day and had one "bad" meal or dessert everyday, just in a much smaller portion than the old me would have. Going to the gym sounds like a great plan.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about this myself - I am getting ready to leave on a two-week trip to Peru and Ecuador. SOOO excited!!! I am really not going to worry too much - I'm sure I'll be doing a fair amount of walking, and being a vegetarian it will probably be challenging enough to find foods I can eat without worrying too much about calories. But I won't pig out! :laugh: If I can keep myself hydrated and maintain my weight while I'm gone, that'll be good enough for me!

Have fun on your trip! :drinker:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm back!

Over two weeks gone and I am still on track. I was active and ate like a champ. Thanks to the fresh sea food of the bay area I feel great and I am right on track. Thanks for all your support.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great!!!! Welcome back!! Good job!!