bored eating

I have a bad habit to eat when I'm bored, and I know this is common but I don't know what I can do not to eat when I'm bored. I tried to come up with a hobby to entertain me but to no success. I can't chew gum, ice or nuts because of a physical problem I recently developed. Any other suggestions that I can do that won't ruin my calorie counts?

Replies

• I try to drink alot of water to take my mind off it. Try to exercise when you have cravings like jump rope or jogging, just keep active. Other than that you just have to suck it up and have some discipline lol, because bored binging can really badly hinder your progress!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have been guilty of bored eating. When I started this weight loss and would want to mindlessly eat, I would play a mind game with myself to see how long I could go without giving in. For some reason, that challenge would keep my mind occupied long enough to get me to my planned meal. Sounds crazy, I know.:noway:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Try low-sugar hard candies or mints to suck on to keep your mouth busy.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Just don't eat.
  • Just try drinking water or caf. free diet pop to keep your stomach preoccupied
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Try to find something to keep your hands busy. Maybe read a book, take up a new hobby, clean the house, etc.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    I drink tonnes of cups of tea when I am studying. It does mean I have to get up every 30 mins to go to the toilet but that makes a good study break
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    How about knitting or crocheting to keep your hands busy? You can find how to videos on YouTube.

Or, save calories for when you are bored and plan out how many calories you're going to eat and stay within your macros. I know I like to snack at night, so I eat a light breakfast and sometimes skip my afternoon snack so I can have more at night. I'm losing steadily every week.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Herbal tea or decaf coffee saves me from snacking too much and it's virtually calorie free.