Healthy, high calorie foods?

2»

Replies

• boopetta
    boopetta Posts: 8 Member
    My GP tested for coeliacs (after the recommended time of eating stupid amount of gluten/wheat) and nothing came up, but she diagnosed intolerance based on the symptoms (worse muscle+joint pain, hives+spots, mood swings, insomnia, stomach cramps, bloating, etc.). Also, this was tested when we were better off financially, so eating a lot better+not underweight (and not in a fibro flare, so getting out of the flat a lot more). She basically told me to avoid eating it if it did that to me, I told her about the probs I get with dairy too and she gave the same advice :D

A while ago (when I still had an income) I tried cutting out foods a bit at a time, reintroducing, etc to test. Was interesting! I also do take omega 3 (mum+dad have bought me a year's supply of it! I am really lucky.) and I tried magnesium (pills and then spray) for a few months but didn't find a difference.

I recently got referred to do "get active" course via the cbt course for depression, and the first day I went the amazing lady made me realise that I really need to eat even tho I never feel hungry. She has put me in touch with a foodbank but I have had no response yet. Technically I'm not eligible tho because my husband works...
    I talked to my GP about my difficulties buying and preparing food, but she basically said "if you're not eating because you're anorexic then I can help, but if you're not eating because you can't do it yourself then I can't help."

All this trying to organise+get in touch+sort just gets me sinking deeper into the black hole, especially when something doesn't work. Sads.
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Ahem! (clears throat)
    Peanut Butter! :smile: