Hello

Options
My bro told me about this app on Sunday and went ahead and signed up. My birthday is January 3rd and I'm 6'1" 267 and my goal is to be 249 by my bday. Is this possible? :)

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That is quite a bit to lose in a short time. Concentrate on a healthy calorie deficit and it will come off how it's supposed to. Also, add these guys, they are great motivators and been super helpful through my weightloss journey. Good luck :flowerforyou:
    drmerc
    DavPul
    Fire_Rock
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well, that would be about a pound a day, wouldn't it? That's not really realistic. This site recommends that you set your goal at 1-2 pounds a *week.* At your weight, you will probably lose faster than that, even with a reasonable caloric reduction, but I doubt you'll get anywhere near a pound a *day.* If you set reasonable expectations for yourself, you'll stay motivated and lose weight in a healthy way. If you set overly optimistic goals, which I think this is, you'll be discouraged and give up. Think of this as a leisurely journey to health, not a race to an unrealistic goal. Relax and enjoy making these changes, don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • krayzieroach
    Options
    You're right. I'm not really gonna do anything big on my birthday. I'll aim more in the 7-10 pound range rather than 18 pounds.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You're right. I'm not really gonna do anything big on my birthday. I'll aim more in the 7-10 pound range rather than 18 pounds.

Just follow the site's guidelines to get yourself started in a healthy, sustainable way. Start reading the forums. You'll see that there are different opinions about every aspect of losing weight - calorie intake, exercise, etc. That's because everyone is different. You'll find the ways that work for your body. Just go slowly, so that you are not changing one unhealthy condition for another. And, remember, the weight doesn't come off in a linear fashion. So, you're going to have weeks where you lose less, then suddenly you'll have a week where you lose a lot. Don't let anything discourage you. Decide now that this is going to be a peaceful journey, no pressures, no worries, just moving forward toward your goal. :smile: